4 docs I never saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 docs I never saw

I am so curious if anybody have been denied disability by doctors they never saw?

I just reviewed my paper work and says that this doctor and that doctor's assessment of me was that I was manageable by my meds and able to work.

Officially dx with: MS, fibro, hypothyroidism, IBS, RA, degenerative disc disease, chronic depression and chronic fatigue.

Also stated that I was only 34, I am 48.

Please explain this to me.
    DIAGNOSED=2012
    ISSUES LONG BEFORE
    REBIF 1 YEAR

Hi, I just went through the ssdi process myself, had my hearing on Tuesday. Did you have a hearing yet? My previous denials were full of inaccurate information also, for example they said I was male lol. They also said I had no visual issues in the same report they agreed that I had Optic Neuritis. It is my understanding that assuming your treating physician supports your ssdi application/process, they have to give more weight to your treating doctors opinions. Your attorney..assuming you have one should be able to point out that these doctors have never examined you. But yes, I think what you are hearing..a denial based on people that you never met, is typical

Comment

How long does this process

generally take? I have been advised to apply for one of my kids (now 22 years old). Can you suggest a place to get information about filing and what happens along the way? This child will never be able to live on their own. Thanks!

Comment

I was disabled June 2nd 2011. I filed for SS disability Feb 2012. I was denied, appealed, denied, reconsideration, denied again all by August 2012. I had to wait for a hearing and I just had mine last week. So for me 32 months roughly. You can file online on the social security website and they have lots of information there. I also highly recommend
        this book:
        Nolo's Guide to Social Security Disability
        Getting & Keeping Your Benefits
        which I was able to borrow from the library.

Comment

I do not know if your child will qualify for SSDI under you or for SSI on his own. I would contact SSI.

I have a 7 y/o son w/ autism, but my income was too high for him to qualify for SSI. Both of my sons are under my SSDI.

Good luck with your son

Comment

contact

Mercadies,

I hope you contacted the SS administration. I would guess that they got someone else's information mixed in with yours. Still will be an appeal process, I assume.
            God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

contacting the ss administration is just a joke. I have tried everything I could to get the misinformation fixed and my case re-evaluated. Unfortunately have had to success.

I hired a new lawyer and she says we have to appeal and it will probably take another year and a half.

Just think this is all crazy and soooooo unfair.

thanks for your thoughts.
              DIAGNOSED=2012
              ISSUES LONG BEFORE
              REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

understand

I certainly understand your frustration.

It is the way the system is set up.

Another thing that you may do, which sometimes helps. But, not always. Is to contact your federal legislators to let them know that this happened to you. If nothing happens, you don't have much to loose. If something comes of it, even better.
                God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

MCs and POMS

Hi, mercadies. I presume that you are referring to the medical consultants that DDS (Disability Determination Services) uses to evaluate claims. DDS is contracted by the Social Security Administration to adjudicate claims. Here is more information from SSA's POMS concerning medical consultants: https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0424501001.

Here is an explanation of what is POMS: https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/.

Rich
                  Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
                  X