New Auto-injector in 2014?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Auto-injector in 2014?

The second-to-the-last time I spoke with a Beta nurse about the instructions for how to give yourself a shot with the Betaject not matching how the Betaject works, she told me that there was a new one coming in 2014.

The last time I spoke with a Beta nurse about something else entirely I mentioned this and he didn't know about it.

Has anyone heard anything? Have there been huge announcements I've missed, here under my rock?

new auto injector

I hope that's true! I have fewer 'hard spots', scaring, and site reactions since my daughter's been giving me my shot.

I will go back to using one in the next few months so I hope they've corrected any 'issues'
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

I HATE the autoinjector! I recently had a bunch of friends over ....several of whom are nurses...and showed them how it worked. They were appalled at how loud, jerky, and cumbersome it was. One of them showed my husband how to just give me the shot manually and I have had less redness, pain and bruising since then.

I suppose that if my husband wasn't around I would have to use the autoinjector due to hand dexterity issues but I pray they create a better version before that day comes.
      RRMS Diagnosed Halloween 2013
      Betaseron

Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend....never owned a dog

Comment

I have a love/hate relationship with my Betaject. I have been on Betaseron 20 years this year, and am running out of real estate on my body to shoot!

I got really interested in the "Betaject Comfort" they have up in Canada, but that's up in Canada.

With my hard spots, and trouble spots, and the two-handed demands of the Betaject, I have debated from time to time going back to manually shooting myself. But that's going to take a whole lot of getting used to, and the dumb glass syringes made for the autoinjectors aren't as nice to use as the old BD tuberculin syringes from days of yore.

Comment

A rubber band.

And how much do we pay Bayer for this stuff each month?

Comment

I think the injectable drug makers are trying to lift their game because of all the new oral drugs on the market. I know I would have taken the tablet option had it been available when I was first diagnosed.

Comment

ScooterVanMan,

Yes, the new Auto Injector is called BETACONNECT. It now appeared on the red dot website. Just google for red dot betaconnect and you will find your answers.

Comment

Cool. Now I just have to ask the official people when it's coming out. This morning, right leg hurting from one shot, stomach hurting from another, I halfway resolved to get my hands on some good old tuberculin syringes. At least for some of my injections.

Comment

UPDATE

The 'official people' get very uncomfortable, and feign ignorance of products still being looked at by the FDA.

Until you show them the website with the picture.

Comment

Working...
                  X