Update from sailor's song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update from sailor's song

Well things have been going a little better for me at the VA. I finally got my PC to put in for a consult to get me a scooter. Only took a broken toe and a heart attack to get this done. I guess she was feeling sorry for me that day.

I broke the toe in Oct when I fell while up in ME. Just got the results of a bone density test that was done last week. Shows that I have a 5x better chance of breaking a bone than others due to low density. No wonder that toe broke.

I had the heart attack 12-12-13 but only spent 48 hours in the hospital. So now I'm on blood thinners which really scares me a lot with my numb feet. IN the past I have gotten a 2 inch gash in my foot and not felt a thing. I only discovered the gash when I noticed a trail of bloody foot prints all over my home.
    Dennis

The soul of a song will lift your spirits.

Even small good new is still good news.

I fell and damaged my shoulder in 06, again months later in 07 and 2 yrs ago I broke five ribs and had to spend a few days in the hospital for my rebel kidneys. I also have stage 3 CKD and they did not like the trauma.

Sounds like your VA is responding faster then mine to such needs. Having a scooter and/or chair is a good investment if it prevents just one meat-wagon ride to ER, not to mention the PAIN. Mobility aids are an investment and cheaper than surgeries, hospitalizations etc, just try and get guberment to realize that.....

I take heart meds, BP meds, thyroid, 2 insulins and baby aspirin and a couple more. (4got Copaxone). No Afibs since I was put on the coreg & baby aspirin routine. The Coreg is to slow my heart rate to preserve my rheumatic fever damaged valves.

Congrats on making some progress at the VA.

(and WATCH those feet, I am diabetic and its important!)

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot.

Comment

Gomer,

One of the good things about the numb feet is that I don't feel pain. When I broke the toe I had no pain at all. The only reason I knew I broke it was that I heard the pop of the bone breaking. Only went to the ER so that it would be documented in order to help me convince the VA I need a scooter.

I'm also diabetic (diet control) but my feet went numb years before I became diabetic due to my MS. It is probably the biggest reason I lose my balance a lot. Kind of hard to keep your balance when you can't feel the ground under you.

I'm now up to 24 medications each day. Blood thinner, 2 BP, 2 anxiety (PTSD), a couple of different nerve pain meds, GERD med, meds for my Bladder and bowel control problems, Several rx'ed vitamins, baby asprin, cellcept for my MS, Cholesterol med, Thyroid, COPD meds, and allergy med.

I sure do get tired of all of those pills each day. And my doctors look at me dumb founded when I don't know what meds I take.
      Dennis

Comment

Good News

The VA is giving me a scooter and an eletric lift in order to transport the scooter with my truck.
        Dennis

Comment

Working...
        X