Tysabri opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

big choice to make!

Heres my thoughts. From what I have learned, Tysabri isnt that risky until around the 2 year mark when you have the JC Virus. Take it for 18 months and cross your fingers for something new to get through the FDA. I had a deep cerebellum lesion, and it messed me up good. That was when I was on Copaxone. Been on Ty for 38 doses. Not one attack. I say roll the dice. Even positive you have a very small chance of getting PML. Live each day like it means something. Because it does.

Originally posted by tortis View Post
    Hi Everyone! I really need some opinions on weather to go on Tysabri or not to take the chance. I am J.C. positive so I had pretty much decided not to go on it. Well my MonSter has reared its ugly head again and I now have a rather large lesion on my cerebellum, real dizzy all the time but still getting around with a cane and the walls. I can no longer take any of the other drugs due to various reasons but I do not have any enhancing lesions right now. My neurologist thinks If I do not go on it, I will be in a wheel chair soon but is that worst than possibly dead or worse than wheel chair. All opinions will really help in making this decision, not just from people already on tysabri but also from all us who could face this decision in the future. The more responses the better. Thanks in advance, I have no one around here that could possibly understand.

PEACE
    Tortis

Comment

Originally posted by tortis View Post
      Hi Everyone! I really need some opinions on weather to go on Tysabri or not to take the chance. I am J.C. positive so I had pretty much decided not to go on it. Well my MonSter has reared its ugly head again and I now have a rather large lesion on my cerebellum, real dizzy all the time but still getting around with a cane and the walls. I can no longer take any of the other drugs due to various reasons but I do not have any enhancing lesions right now. My neurologist thinks If I do not go on it, I will be in a wheel chair soon but is that worst than possibly dead or worse than wheel chair. All opinions will really help in making this decision, not just from people already on tysabri but also from all us who could face this decision in the future. The more responses the better. Thanks in advance, I have no one around here that could possibly understand.

PEACE
      Tortis
      I, too, am JC + and have been on Tysabri about 5 years.I know the longer on Ty the higher the risk of PML but it's the onlys that have silenced the monster.My quality of life without Ty is not good.

I discussed swithcing to Tecfidera but it's not nearly as effective as Tysabri.

Good luck with whatever decision you make.
      Without hope there's nothing.

Comment

Working...
      X