Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retrobulbar Optic Neuritis

Say that three times fast?

DX today at OPs office. First question out of the doc's mouth after tests began was "Do you have a neurologist?"

Also informed of ocular drusen and the beginning of macular degeneration.

Anyone with an idea of just how nervous that all of this is making me at this point?

I imagine you are extremely worried. Most of the ON that I have had have been retrobulbar, meaning behind the eye. Generally you can see it on MRI, but sometimes not if the lesion is small.

I assume you were referred to a neurologist? I hope so anyway. Are you having any symptoms of MS? You don't have to. Also you may not have MS. Not everyone with ON has MS.

About the macular degeneration, I can't personally relate, however the disease runs in my family and I have seen what they go through. It is awful. So I can see why you are afraid.

My hope is that you will get some more info from a neurologist on the retrobulbar ON, and than the ophthalmologist will help you with the rest.

Best of luck. Let us know how it goes, OK?

http://www.drugs.com/health-guide/re...-neuritis.html

Take care
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Yep. It's MS. I was diagnosed 2007 but went into that "yeah right" mode and switched doctors so I could get someone to actually help me with my aches and pains. Turned out first doc was right. Stupid me.

Field of vision is gone. Depth perception TOTALLY gone. Didn't even realize how bad that was. She showed me a 3D card set and I was supposed to touch the fly and ended up knocking the card out of her hand. I couldn't find the floating circle on any of the sets she showed me even though she swore there was one in every single set. And the light show where they give you the clicker thing... that was a mess. I kept wondering when the show was going to start turned out to be half way over.

My eyes still hurt today and I'm desperately fatigued. It's one of those days where the only way I see it getting better is by waking up tomorrow after a nap that started today. LOL

Comment

It takes 2 eyes working well to give depth perception so if 1 eye gets knocked out by ON you'll get exactly what happened to you during the testing.

The good news is that most people with ON get most of their vision back. At least the first time. It's scary and impairing but the only thing you can do is ride it out, knowing that the chances of your vision returning are pretty good.

Comment

Working...
        X