Xanax and Numbness/Weakness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xanax and Numbness/Weakness

I have been dealing with what appear to be MS symptoms for 9 months. I have seen three doctors..had all the blood tests with no results and have decided to see a neuro later this month. I have bad anxiety and was prescribed Xanax this summer for a cross country flight. I have taken it since the trip and every time I take it my numbness..muscle weakness..and pins and needles feelings majorly decrease and disappear in some areas.

Have any of you with a dx experienced the same thing?

Hello pattydraper,

Benzodiazepines such as Xanax does not help symptoms such as you are describing (numbness, pins and needles, muscle weakness) when the cause of those symptoms are MS.

Benzodiazepines are sometimes used in MS to help with Spasticity.

have bad anxiety and was prescribed Xanax this summer for a cross country flight. I have taken it since the trip and every time I take it my numbness..muscle weakness..and pins and needles feelings majorly decrease and disappear in some areas.
    Your improvement in symptoms when taking Xanax indicate your symptoms are more than likely due to anxiety.

Please let your prescribing Dr. know that Xanax is helping your symptoms. With proper treatment of your anxiety you could be symptom free.

Take care!
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by pattydraper View Post
      I have been dealing with what appear to be MS symptoms for 9 months. I have seen three doctors..had all the blood tests with no results and have decided to see a neuro later this month. I have bad anxiety and was prescribed Xanax this summer for a cross country flight. I have taken it since the trip and every time I take it my numbness..muscle weakness..and pins and needles feelings majorly decrease and disappear in some areas.

Have any of you with a dx experienced the same thing?
      seems like you need diazepam

Comment

Working...
      X