Uncontrollable eye movement anyone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uncontrollable eye movement anyone ?

I think I was in a flare since I no longer have it . But I would suddenly get sleepy and my eyes would roll around in my head cross an roll back uncontrollably mostly happens when I drive . It's very scary .
    Thank you for any thoughts or responses I'd hate to be alone in this . Tammy
    A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails .
    (unknown)

Eyes crossing or rolling back when a person is sleepy is not unusual. And as I said in another thread, that's what happens before people faint too. It doesn't necessarily mean that there's anything wrong with your eyes or the nerve connections to them. If there were, you'd be having this symptoms at other times too, not just when you get the sleepy feeling.

What is unusual is why you would be getting sleepy while you are driving. It sounds like the abnormal sleepiness might be the major problem and the eye thing is the not unexpected effect. This sounds like something your neurologist can clear up for you.

Comment

My dh was suffering the unusual sleepiness too. He was diagnosed with sleep apenea and now uses a CPAP . We both sleep so much better.
      Karen

Comment

Maybe you are tired when you are driving and that's a perfect time for nystagmus and double vision to effect you. I have special prisms in my glasses to help combat this. Ask your neuro ophthalmologist about your symptoms. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X