Does anyone take ritalin for fatigue ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone take ritalin for fatigue ?

My Dr. will only give ritalin I only take 20mgs I still fall asleep and cannot stay awake at times I have no energy my house is filthy and embarrasses me .I really would like to try something else or maybe my dose is to low ? Any input would be appreciated . Thank you, Tammy
    A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails .
    (unknown)

My doctor prescribes less

and I'm like you - extremely fatigued and disorganized. How long have you been taking 20 mg? Do you take it once a day? Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Comment

Do you only take it once a day? I take 20mg twice a day and I think the dose can be higher. I recently started time release. There are three different doses and I am on the lowest one but I think I am going to go back the regular. There is also Provigil/Novigil (sp) which works well for some. I was going to try it but my insurance doesn't cover it.
      dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

I take 20 in the morning and 10 in the afternoon.

It was recently upped from 10 in the morning to 20. I think this has made a HUGE difference for me.

Before it was upped, by 10:00 am, I couldn't tell you my name. Now, I can function (at least till 4:30 pm!).

Comment

I would ask your doctor to up the dosage. My neuro has been very understanding and has let me adjust my own dose. She prescribed me 20mg morning and afternoon. It was too much stimulation all at once and the crash was pretty awful. I have started taking 10mg immediately upon waking...otherwise I can barely function. Once I get to work, around 9:30-10:00 I take another 10mg. I take another at around noon and then I can take another 10mg before 3 but I rarely need too. At that point all the other meds seemed to have kicked in and I can function until its time to go home. I'm not much use once I get home, but getting through my work day was the goal.

Comment

Saw my neuro

yesterday. Med changed to provigil from Ritalin. Have no idea how I can afford it - I looked ay mt insurance benefits - cost for provigil is $1800 per month - the generic is $1500 per month.... Of course, the insurance company has to approve it as well.

Comment

I stopped the ritalin but may try it again at higher dose if they'll give it to me the lower dose I took twice a day . It just did'nt seem to work very well .
              A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails .
              (unknown)

Comment

I take any where from 20-40 mg twice a day!! It helps. Sometimes if I drink a Pepsi with it, I get really amped up. I don't recommend that!!

Comment

ritalin

I have been taking 15mg twice a day for years.
                  I tried nuvigil for a while but it increased my OCD.
                  I developed a tolerance for the nuvigil, after a week
                  it didn't work as well.
                  The Ritalin always works for my fatigue.
                  If it wasn't for Ritalin & coffee I wouldn't be able to work.

Comment

Taking a weekly stimulant break

I've been diagnosed since 2003. I've always had stimulants to help on bad days. Never taking the prescribed amount of 30 mg Adderal twice a day. I often break the pill in two and just take that 15 mg and it gets me going and is enough. For years I only took this 3/4 times per week. This past year I've needed the help daily. Yet- I still do not want to build up a tolerance where I need more. So I have found that taking break and doing without the stimulant makes it work better the next time. I just plan for days that I know I won't have to do a lot and go without. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by tambrown View Post
                      My Dr. will only give ritalin I only take 20mgs I still fall asleep and cannot stay awake at times I have no energy my house is filthy and embarrasses me .I really would like to try something else or maybe my dose is to low ? Any input would be appreciated . Thank you, Tammy
                      I take same dose. It only works for 4hrs or less. Find a DIFFERENT doc who is NOT afraid to prescribe APPROPRIATE meds.
                      Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Prescription from MD

other than neuro? My neuro changed my prescription from ritalin to provigil - unfortunately, been battling wiht insurance company for four months for approval with no success. Ritalin did nothing for me but dosage was low. Will a GP prescribe Ritalin or other stimulant (adderrall or something)?

Comment

adderall

I use to take 20mg twice daily now i take 30mg twice daily big difference

Comment

Working...
                          X