Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scalp electrical buzz like feeling or feels like a bunch of tiny bugs

Does anyone else get this?

On my scalp in different places only affecting maybe like a quarter size area of electrical fizzy/buzzing feeling or another way I describe it as is like a thousand little bugs in that quarter size area crawling around.

I swear I have checked my scalp a gazillion times for lice. No matter how much I try to convince myself that it's just something that happens to me I always end up at moms having her check my head for lice. She's even getting sick of me lol.

I'm "probable MS" been told by all sorts of docs that I most likely have MS but haven't been able to see a neuro yet (been trying to see one for 2 YEARS) because, well, medi-cal/Medicaid is a joke. Finally I have got an appointment for March (I literally cried in happiness) so was wondering if this should be brought up. I get weird feelings all over my legs and will be telling him about that for sure.

Yes, I suffer from the same thing but over the entire top of my head and forehead. It's called peripheral neuropathy. I had it so bad I thought it was going to drive me crazy. I take Lyrica and it works well for me.

Do start making a list of questions for your upcoming appointment and best of luck.

Comment

Shocks in scalp

Î've had this for more years than I have been diagnosed but it only happens when I have red wine and docs believe it is an allergy to sulfites with nothing to do with MS. My sister gets the same reaction but on one arm and she has never been dx'd with MS. What happens to me is the sensation comes immediately with the first sip, lasts a few seconds and then is gone no matter how much wine I drink. I would really be interested in hearing more from other people.

Comment

Hi,

I'm still trying to find answers too! I do get those, its like a big bug crawling around...mine is the size of a quarter too and it moves around sometimes.
        At first I thought I was going crazy because it feels like a cell phone is going of in my head! I've also had what felt like cold water trickling in my head.

Glad you finally got a neuro apt!

All the best
        Minnie76

Comment

yup...me, too

I am in limbo with parasthesia being my main sx. I have this frequently, not just on my scalp, but on other parts of my body. One time it felt like I had a bee in my pants, because the buzzing was so concentrated in one spot! It never seems to come on after any certain food/drink or with any certain activity, so I attribute it to whatever is going on neurologically with me.
          "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference" Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

Working...
          X