Leakage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leakage?

I have been fighting a bad cough for about a week. Whenever I cough (and they are powerful coughs), I have bladder leakage. More than "leakage", but not quite dribble (does that make sense).

I m concerned that I may be starting to have leakage due to MS. Not sure if it's MS or coughing so hard.

Anyone remember when you first started with leakage: did it just start as a "leak" and get more forceful as time went by? or did "the floodgates" open.

thank you

well, in my case I'm not sure whether such ''incidents'' were due to MS or not, but what I know is that it had never happened before my MS. So the suspect is quite obvious for me.

It happened a few times about 10 months ago, soon after my dx and it came back a few days ago, which really upset me. It wasn't triggered by anything, I was just walking
    But I won't cry for yesterday, there's an ordinary world,
    Somehow I have to find.
    And as I try to make my way to the ordinary world,
    I will learn to survive.

Comment

Thanks Alex94.

That's what I keep worrying about. As you know, you get a "symptom" last for a little while, then it becomes part of your life.

Let's hope it's just the excessive coughing.

thanks again.

Comment

Mine started as occasional little leaking I chalked up to having given birth to three kids. One day, I stepped out of the car to go into the store. I knew i had to use the rest room.

I stepped out of the car and my bladder completely emptied. I got back in my car and cried my way home. I snuck in to the house so the neighbors would not see me.

I had Urodynamic testing done and started on Detrol. Thank goodness it doesn't happen anymore.
        Jodi
        "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude". Maya Angelou

Comment

This is really common in women in general. I have bladder leakage, not "stress" incontinence which is when coughing, sneezing, jumping, exercising, etc., but "urge" incontinence which is Overactive Bladder, the sudden urge to go and the mad dash to a bathroom and "uh-oh" if I don't make it. I go to a Urologist, I take Myrbetriq. I think it's mostly related to having kids. Oh the joys! :-) I talked to my neurologist and he said, no, I'm not worried about it. Didn't think it was related.

The sad thing is, I remember when I was first dx 14 years ago, and the dr. said, things will happen as they happen to anyone, and sometimes it will be hard to determine if it's MS or just life.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. But you are so not alone!!! Women are having that surgery to hold up their bladder all over the place! My personal trainer told me a "secret"...that all of the fitness class instructors have had it because they can't run to the bathroom every 5 minutes. The Myrbetriq helps me a lot...unless I drink coffee. Think forget it...I put on a pad for the day, haha!!

Comment

Urgency

Yes, some of things are related to MS and other times, it is just life. I have been having the sensation of having to go all the time, all day. It is an awful feeling! Sometimes it is so strong it is hard to concentrate on work or to sleep at night.

My PCP confirmed twice that I don't have a UTI. She prescribed Flomax but the side effects were not pleasant. My endo gave me a scipt for Estrace and it seems to be better at times. I am waiting until January to see an gynourologst (yes, no openings for three months AND I am still on the wait list). My hope is she can help me figure out what is going on and provide a solution. It has been so hard to be patient when the sensation is driving me crazy!!!

Comment

Hi MyGirlsMom,

I have the same problem lately with urinary frequency.
              I have to go about every 30 minutes.

If you don't mind answering, what side effects did you have with Flomax?

Thanks!
              Nikki

Comment

As common as these problems are with women, it probably is really hard to say if it's the ms or if it could be an actual bladder issue, or maybe a little bit of both.

I've had a bit of leakage for quite some time (going back to before my ms days), but I do know the ms is responsible for the horrible frequency and urgency because that was never an issue before. Lately the leakage is worse, just as you are having, but I honestly don't know if it's the ms or something with my anatomy. I just live with it and throw a pad on every day. I know it's something tons of people go through, but I still hide it from medical providers because it makes me feel like I'm incontinent, which bothers me.
                Diagnosed 1/4/13
                Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Comment

Leakage

Hi, I have the same problem even had the 'surgery' but my leakage is terrible now. I ask my Dr he gave me Toviaz 8 mg. it helps some but still leak.
                  I think it is just something I will have to deal with. Yuck!
                  My best to you.

I m concerned that I may be starting to have leakage due to MS. Not sure if it's MS or coughing so hard.

Anyone remember when you first started with leakage: did it just start as a "leak" and get more forceful as time went by? or did "the floodgates" open.

thank you[/QUOTE]
                  A smart person will always catch on, a wise person knows when to let go.

Comment

Working...
                  X