leg cramps and sugar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leg cramps and sugar?

Just had my first bit of sugar in six days and loŽintense cramps in right calf, left calf, left foot, left ankle and almost one in left thigh. OMG! These occurred within half an hour of eating mochi- sweet treats. Coincidence or reaction?

Originally posted by Temagami View Post
    Just had my first bit of sugar in six days and loŽintense cramps in right calf, left calf, left foot, left ankle and almost one in left thigh. OMG! These occurred within half an hour of eating mochi- sweet treats. Coincidence or reaction?
    I guess it could be either. I've had people that quit sugar say when they ate it again they had pain (not MSers, just friends in general.)

Magnesium is very good for keeping cramps at bay...at least it is for me. I use a powdered magnesium and it's nice because you can adjust the dose (too much magnesium can keep you in the bathroom)...so with the powdered type, if you find the recommended dose is too much, you can cut back. The name of the product is CALM...it's cheapest at Amazon.

I find that the magnesium seems to "calm" down cramping, and also helps with some of the sensory symptoms I have in my legs...but that's just me, everybody's different.

Comment

Working...
    X