The kindness of strangers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The kindness of strangers!

Do may have a story about a stranger coming to your aid?

Here's mine~

We recently bought a new car (yay! no more manual shifting that was becoming more difficult for me) and we ordered running boards so I could hoist myself up more easily (also becoming more difficult).

I was at the dealer yesterday so they could install the running boards and was told it would take a couple hours. Two hours later was told it would take two more hours! This was around lunch time and I hadn't had breakfast, so I was hungry!

A woman with a 7 month old (huge already) Great Dane had been sitting next to me the whole time. She agreed to go get me some food nearby (many blocks away - which would have been difficult for me) and even said she'd pay for it as I didn't have $ on me.

The trade off? Would I mind babysitting for her delightfully sweet and mellow puppy?

Would I? You bet!

What I thought would be drudgery, ended up being a delightful experience - leaving with a full tummy and knowing there are strangers among us that are angels on earth! Keeping company with the oversized puppy was the frosting on the cake too
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

What a great experience!

Comment

How COOL was that!

It is so refreshing to know that there are still kind and considerate people in the world.

Coming from a major city, my heart has hardened somewhat when it comes to strangers.

But since moving to a small town where my husband was born and raised, my heart has softened a bit seeing that there are people still in some corners of where we live that look out for others other than themselves.

Seasha ... you made me smile and a little more of my hardened heart for strangers just got a little softer!

Thank you for your story and God Bless You for sharing it.
      STR

Comment

Without my beautiful bride all would be lost.
        Without two great, inventive friends I would be hard to get along with indeed.
        I fly fish... a lot! It wasn't until the past year or two that it has really become difficult even on the tamest of water. I could be standing in a few inches of clear, slow water and as soon as I go to tie a fly on or net a fish down I go. The last time I fell I REALLY let out a barrage of less than nice words along with the proclamation I will not fly fish any longer. It's too embarrassing and getting too dangerous.
        These two guys put their heads together and 'repurposed' an old walker I had from a past injury and made it a wader-walker! This thing is way cool. Now instead of being a wallflower while they are fishing I spot a place I want to fish and high-tail it over there.

It is very intuitive in use. Downhill I dig the back legs in and uphill the front legs. They concocted beefier feet that grip far better than the rubber gizmo's and added a holster to hold food, drinks and other stuff. A rod holder was built in too. The absolute best part is the seat that collapses when transporting it. Once I get to my spot I turn the walker around and rest my butt. I feel so stable doing that I can't help but grin.
        They are always there to help raise a tent or give a shoulder to lean on as needed.
        Thanks God creatures like that roam the Earth.
        If anyone out there knows someone who could use a wader walker I'm sure something can be arranged.

Comment

Working...
        X