Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not being able to work when applying?

Hi

I had applied several years ago, once diagnosed and was denied after jumping through multiple hoops to be approved.

Now, 3 years later my disease has progressed, i'm still walking yet leg pain keeps me awake each night so i work on close to no sleep most days. I work in the mental health field, counsel kids with autism, i'd love to apply again to make my life easier..than I could do some pt work on the side. Yet I've come to learn that here in new york you can't apply while you are employed which i guess makes sense.

Yet, i have health insurance through my company which I would loose as well as my income.

Any ideas on how to handle this? I will be setting up an appointment with a local attorney to ask questions as well, because i'd have them appeal for me so i do get approved this time around.

thanks so much
    Jen Dx'd 5/11
    "Live each day as if it were your last"

[QUOTE=sunshine008;1438416]Hi

I had applied several years ago, once diagnosed and was denied after jumping through multiple hoops to be approved.

I applied for SSDI 4 years ago while I was on LTD thru work. I worked in mental health for 12 yrs, so was sad to go but I had to. Do you have STD or LTD where u work?

Comment

Working...
    X