Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aching limbs?

Hello all,

I'm going to see my neurologist on Tuesday so I'll ask him then, but I was wondering, are my aching limbs related to my MS? Today it's both my forearms and calves, sometimes just my calves, sometimes my thighs, sometimess all at once. It affects my walking a little when it's at its worst-I drag my feet a bit. I'm very aware of it but not too sure if it's noticable to others. It's not a horrible pain, just sort of like the aches you get with the flu. It comes and goes but every day for the past two months there has been an arm or a leg with an ache. Sometimes just getting out of bed in the morning is a nuisance. I'm wary of calling every little thing that's not right an MS symptom so I'll check with my neuro, just wondered if anybody else had experienced something similar.

Hello bbelaine,

Yes, it is very possibly the MS

I deal with my legs aching and have since before diagnosis. It's a symptom that can come and go or stay around for awhile.

In the early years of MS we treated the aching with Baclofen. Since I tend to not stay on medications, on a regular basis, I have found other way to deal with the aching.

- A heating pad or blanket ( my neuro is not to thrilled due to exposing my self to heat, but it works for me.
    - Exercise
    - Ignoring it

Please talk to your neuro about medication options if that is what you would like to try.

Best wishes...
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

My arms and legs have been simply progressing, no up and downs--aches all the time. My muscles remain 'tired' and aching.

Sometimes it is worse and feels like I ran a marathon and hurt like overworked sore muscles for a day.

My neuro 'thinks' it is pain from the spasms/spasticity. With my fatigue issues I stopped taking muscle relaxants.

It is worse in my upper arms than the lower arms..however I can actually 'feel' my muscles stretch with the pain. Mostly, my upper thighs, in the front are effected.

Pain pills take it away and I feel so much better. But, I don't want those things as a steady diet, ever again!

A rock and a hard spot. fed

Comment

YES!!!! In fact, for the past few days, I have felt flu-like. My legs are stiff and achy(sp?). My arms feel the same, but not as severe. This happened several months ago for a two-week duration, so I saw a neuro whom I had never met. He said it was NOT MS related! I was in disbelief--didn't know how to respond.

Months later, when I saw my primary Neuro, I explained what his colleague had told me, and he looked at me ****-eyed. He didn't get into it much since it wasn't the reason for my visit with him. He glossed over the subject, but I'm sure he felt it was MS related.

Anyway...I'm certain it's my version of a flare. I can only wait it out. Crossing fingers that it will not become a constant for me.

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the replies-the feels like I've run a marathon comment really hit home. It just feels like you've overdone it with the aches but I know that's not the case. Today, the forearms are still pretty achy-Aleve helps a bit with that. The legs were sore the other day, worst when I get up after sitting for a bit. Went to the movies last night and saw Wolf of Wall Street. Sat for three hours through it and was really stiff getting up at first. BTW, if you're interested in a movie review, I would tell you not to waste your time on that one! Horrible people, just everything to excess-nothing I liked about it.

Comment

Working...
          X