Provigil!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Provigil!

I went to see my dr's PA yesterday at the MS clinic, and he decided to write me a rx for Provigil. I heard from here that it was expensive, but when I found out how much, I about dropped! I'm waiting on paperwork before I know if my insurance will cover it or not, so I'll know in a couple of days if I get to try it.

In the meantime, how has it worked for others?
    Diagnosed 1/4/13
    Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

it works great for me! Once in a while I do not take it and I am always amazed at what it is doing for me.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Works for me! I take 100 mg in the a.m. and 50 mg in the early afternoon.

Comment

I take it as well. I was up to 300mg a day, two am, one early afternoon in attempt to keep working. Started out on 50mg years ago. I actually didn't realize how much it helped cognitively until stopped taking it.

If insurance doesn't cover, my neuro would order 200 mg pill when I was only taking 100mg. That way, I could cut it and the Rx lasted twice as long. I now order from Canadian pharmacy since I needed larger dosage..much cheaper.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Do you mind sharing

what the cost is from a Canadian pharmacy?

Comment

Check the pharma website about financial assist program. I was on a fatigue med and one of the meds for cognition, (after Cobra but before medicare), both with financial assistance.

Fatigue meds can be life changing for those who tolerate stimulant meds.

Comment

MSW1963

Which drugs for fatigue and cognitive impairments were you taking? Did they offer financial assistance? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X