Can see why people stop taking this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can see why people stop taking this...

Right, one (1) week of this stuff, and I feel horrendous. Sore throat, sore muscles, headaches, weird and apparently random pain in joints, and I may as well move into the bathroom given how many trips I'm making. Oh, and fatigue, did I mention fatigue? FATIGUE.

I wasn't feeling too flash before starting. Now I just feel utterly awful. If this is meant to reduce the number of flares, my question is how the hell can you tell the difference between side effects and actual flares? It feels pretty much the same, but with headaches. MRI, I suppose.

It is much worse than being on Beta, and that was no picnic.

On the plus side, my hair hasn't started falling out. Yet.

Hey ho, give it another week.

feeling aweful

I got fevers broke out with fever blister, cough, pain in my abdomen, flu symptoms, hair starting to fall out been on it almost 3 months....stopped it without Dr. Concent because they didn't call me back after they said they would to get me in the same day I called.

Comment

Aubagio did more damage to me in 9 months than Copaxone did in 6 years.

Pity, because I actually felt very well on it.

Major relapse. The worst I've ever had.

Three new lesions in brain (I had none until the change to Aubagio, as my MS is all in my spine. Or WAS. Not any more) More lesions in spine, enhancing.

The latest - serious liver damage that is slowly resolving. Permanent? Won't know for months yet.
      Diagnosed 11/2007, Copaxone 8/2008 - 2/2013, Aubagio 3/2013 - 11/2013

Comment

Quit after the fourth dose

I am done and do not care what the neuro says!

While he is considering ALL possibilities for my 3 days of misery, I am noting feeling a bit better but tired after skipping this morning's dose.

Restless legs, spasticity, muscle tightness, I don't care what you call it, I am so done with medication.

I did find information online I do recall see on the package insert:

Less common
        Blemishes on the skin
        bone pain
        burning, dry, or itching eyes
        difficulty with moving
        discharge or excessive tearing
        full or bloated feeling
        muscle cramping or stiffness
        pain in the lower back, bottom, or hips
        pain in the upper leg
        pimples
        pressure in the stomach
        redness, pain, or swelling of the eye, eyelid, or inner lining of the eyelid
        swelling of the abdominal or stomach area
        swollen joints
        toothache
        weight loss

Comment

Yes, I've pulled the pin, too. Six weeks of feeling awful, and not just Beta- style fluish, either. Everything aches. Hair falling out was the straw that broke the proverbial.
          Enough is enough.
          And what's the point of a drug that may cause "difficulty with moving" in combination with diarrhoea?
          I've already got MS, and difficulty with moving. Don't need more.
          No doubt I shall have to have it flushed out before I can start something else.

Comment

Working...
          X