Non Oral Treatments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non Oral Treatments?

My Neuro's nurse mentioned non oral treatments for fatigue...Any idea's what she is talking about?
    First symptom 2000, dxed 2004

Rebif 04-06, Denial 06-07, Rebif 07--9, Copaxone 09-13, Tecfidera 13-?

Non-oral treatments for fatigue like sleep and exercise?

I'd be interested too to find out what your neuro's nurse means because we already know that she appears to be confused.

Intramuscular and intravenous immunoglobulin G (IMIG and IVIG) have been promoted as treatments for chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) with limited to mixed results.

But CFS is not MS or MS fatigue. In MS, IVIG has been used with some success under special circumstances as a treatment to affect immune function. For a number of people with MS it works well. But overall it has limited success (it didn't do anything for me) and it's not used in MS as a treatment for fatigue. People with MS who have success with IVIG might feel better as it modulates the immune system and helps with inflammation, but these people are not being treated with it for fatigue.

So if IMIG/IVIG is what your neuro's nurse was referring to, either your neuro is using IVIG off label for fatigue in MS and having unusual, unexplained success with it, or this is another instance of your nurse being confused and she doesn't actually know what IVIG is used for.

There are other IV therapies but I can't think of any reason why your nurse would or should have been thinking of them in the context of MS fatigue or even bringing up the topic at all. Maybe someone else can figure out what she meant.

Comment

She made it seem like a treatment as she asked if I was opposed to non oral medications....I dont know as the nuero is out until Thursday...Will update the post
      First symptom 2000, dxed 2004

Rebif 04-06, Denial 06-07, Rebif 07--9, Copaxone 09-13, Tecfidera 13-?

Comment

Working...
      X