Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT help? locked knees pain, extreme hand tremors and sheepskin for pressure sores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT help? locked knees pain, extreme hand tremors and sheepskin for pressure sores

My first question is about relieving the pain in knees that are "locked" due to being in a wc 24/7. I spoke to a PT and she tells me there is no contracture, just pain from lack of movement. My caregiver exercises my knees every day but it took no time for the pain to return while she was away and husband and I weren't diligent about exercises until pain became unbearable.

Question is - is exercising my knees often throughout the day making things worse? My caregiver was doing it just once and never to the point of pain. Now, with her gone, my knees would barely raise up 1/2 inch, now we (husband/me) stop at about 3 inches. We're also exercising ankles and elbows which are beginning same pain.

2nd question - I don't have tremors exactly, more like shaking and squeezing whatever I'm holding, e.g. a sandwich gets squeezed and falls apart.

3rd question - have you an opinion on sheepskin for pressure sores? The 'real' sheepskin. I first bought booties but the sore on my foot was almost healed already. Then got the blanket for my chair but the sore on my bottom was already almost healed. Have elbow 'pads' to prevent a sore spot just beginning. So, what is your opinion about the 'real' sheepskin for sores. I'm practically fully protected by it now and thinking next of more protection for skull where sore spots are starting. Is it worth my investment?

Thanks for help and reading this.

laurakim

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **
Working...
X