What is wrong with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is wrong with me?

I've always had the tendency to be quick to be irritated, but I've never had a problem hiding it. I'm the type of person who lets it build and build until I can't anymore and I explode. Then I'm good for quite a while again. Or so I thought.

Lately I've noticed that things have been getting to me way more intensely than ever before. I go to Zumba regularly, and lately when I'm in a full class and some stupid girl decides to crowd my space or be an idiot and not look while almost hitting me (happens quite a bit), I start boiling inside! It's to the point where I almost can't keep it in anymore! I find myself wishing I could knock them over so they can pay for almost doing that to me. No, I would never get violent, but I find myself wanting to, and that's not me.

Another example is tonight I was sitting in line at the drive through to pick up a prescription (that first of all, they never notified me it was ready when they should have, that started the irritability). There were only two people ahead of me and it took forever! As every minute passed by, I got more and more angry and almost had to leave because I couldn't take it anymore! In cases like these, I find myself yelling at the cars in front of me because they're wasting my time. I'd rather go without my meds than be subjected to that horrible wait to get something that should have only taken a minute to get.

I have never been this angry in my life. Is it possible this could have anything to do with my MS? Or would it be more that I just can't handle it and it's more me just acting out after everything this stupid disease has taken away from me this past year? I feel like I'm losing my mind.
    Diagnosed 1/4/13
    Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Hi lstrl,

My first thought goes to medication.

Some medications can affect a person's mental health --- irritability, depression, anxiety, ect.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I feel your confusion!

I had the same reaction a few weeks after my neuro put me on baclofen for my winter spasticity. She started me on a low dose that did not help the spasms, about 7 days later she upped the dosage. Within a few days I was experiencing anger like you wouldn't believe. Well, sounds like you would believe it. I call her right away, told her I felt like I was going insane, WAST'S WRONG, MAKE IT STOP! I was taken off the baclofen and back to normal. Even if its not a medication there is a solution. You don't have to live this way. Call your neuro.

I'm currently facing my bizarre "SNOW FALL ILLNESS". I have a couple of days of depression followed by few days of nausea (can't eat anything with out vomiting) Then I sleep of a couple of days after which I feel moderately passable for a day or two. If I'm fortunate there is no snow fall for a few days otherwise the cycle repeats. Unfortunately, I live in Washington State and this time of year the snow is always falling.

Anyone living in the south and want a normally fun love, currently fun loving female roommate in her mid 50s? I tend to be a jabber box but put a paint brush, pencil or pen in my hand and you don't hear from me for hours! Only 1/2 joking! I get lonely...

Comment

Istrl, are you a woman? Hormones can wreak havoc on patience. I know whenever I take birth control I am wildly irritable. You could have your hormone levels checked, man or woman.
        With love, jade.
        Schizoaffective Disorder 2001, RRMS 2005, Copaxone 6 yrs, Tecfidera 6 mths, Copaxone again.
        "God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God."
        - Romans 8:28

Comment

I get it.

I spent 2 years on Avonex and was a dynamite keg almost the entire time. I know part of it was being newly diagnosed and having to adapt to everything it entailed. When I changed to Copaxone I became a human being again. Also, now when someone ticks me off I picture them with no Christmas presents. It sounds stupid, but it helps me.

Comment

Working...
          X