• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
    ...especially you, Diane!
    I meant, "...especially you, DIAMOND!"
    Obviously 'tis I with the Cog-fog! LOL!
    Tawanda

Comment

OMG!!! COG FOG is contegious even over the internet!

Have a great day!

Diagnosed 6-28-14
      RRMS
      Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

I have been on Tec since Jan 2014. I have hypothyroidism (slow thyroid) and one the main side effects his hair loss and hair thinning.
        I have been experiencing hair loss for a while but did notice an increase around month 3 of Tec. Now in month 6 loss is a little lighter but still there.

I have been taking biotin and my stylist is giving me deep conditioners and protein treatments to help. I have read that silica can also help with growth. Silica is found lots of foods like carrots, iceberg lettuces, beer, oats and raisins. You can also use herb horsetail and make tea. If you do an internet search you can finds lists foods good for hair growth.

Comment

I have had major hair breakage. My stylist said that new hair is growing but my hair is breaking very bad.
          I was thinking that I need a new dietary supplement to help along with hair conditioners/oils.
          Does anyone here use a hair/skin/nail supplement? Did it help?
          I already take my vitamin D3 and super B complex.

Comment

I had hair thinning on the top of my head around the hairline and back a few inches. It started about 4-5 months into treatment and continued for 18 months or so. I noticed tennis-ball-sized hair balls in the shower - and drain was clogging even with hair screen. I have long, thick, wavy/curly hair so when it started shedding out I really noticed! Also was more dry, and TONS of white hair too in big patches! (Tho I do color it..hehe!)

I have been on Tec for 2 years, 4 months. My hair has stopped thinning. The hairs all around my forehead and back into the hairline are 5-6" long now. Hair is glossy, in good shape. The white/silver hairs are staying tho...I turn 40 in a month. Lol.

I tried Wen haircare, but too pricey for the tiny bottle. I really like "devacurl no-poo" conditioning cleanser. I buy it by the liter and my hair/scalp look feel great. It works well for non-curly hair too--is very gentle.

The nice thing about wavy-curly hair is I never style or use a dryer. I scrunch in some light gel or leave-in cream, and air-dry...else I'd probably just get a pixie cut and be done with it.
            RRMS 2011, Copaxone 2011-2013, Tecfidera 2013-current

Comment

Well, you can add me to the list. I have been following this thread because I started seeing my hair start to fall out. I was hoping it was my imagination but now I can see my scalp thru my hair on top. This is disturbing to say the least, I have always had a thick head of hair. I am 64 and I guess it could be from aging but I don't believe so.

I have been on Tec. for almost 2 1/2 yrs.
              God Bless Us All

Comment

I know this an old thread, but I am noticing significant hair lose around the front and top of my head, as well as texture changes (getting finer). I've been on Tec for almost 2 1/2 years and started losing hair about a year ago, but didn't connect it to Tec. It seems pretty bad in front, having the hair line receded about an inch. I'm in a race with my male-pattern-baldness husband--not one I want to win. Thinking of stopping Tec since I'm solidly in SPMS.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond57 View Post
                  OMG!!! COG FOG is contegious even over the internet!

Have a great day!

It's everywhere!!!!

Hair loss is a symptom of MS so I have just blamed it on the MS. I just had my prescription for Tecfidera faxed to the drug company a few days ago so it will be a while before I get to start. I have been taking Hair, Skin and Nails vitamins since my MS journey began and they seem to help my nails.

I now have hair just long enough to put into a bun, but have lost about half my volume already so I decided if it gets too thin I will get a short pixie cut and wear some of the cool, bright wigs I have admired for several years - I mean, why not? I'm 57 years old and have let my gray hair shine for the past several years.

My wheelchair has sparkly bicycle tassels on it, a cup holder with the American flag and a bicycle horn.

Whatever life throws at me I am going to meet it head on! Even in a blue wig.

Comment

I've been on Tecfidera for a little over four months now and have been experiencing more than usual hair fall for a couple of weeks.

Before I was on Betaferon and experienced hair loss as well; first about two months after starting injecting myself, after which it calmed down, but then about six months after starting Betaferon, I had major hairloss. The hair grew back for the most part, although I think I had thicker hair before the medications, but I can't say for sure. Maybe I'm being pessimistic.

Comment

I TOOK TECFEDERA FOR 4 MONTH UNTIL MY STOMACH COULDN'T HANDLE IT. IN THAT TIME LOST A LARGE AMOUNT OF MY HAIR. ENDED UP CUTTING IT IN A VERY SHORT PIXIE CUT. STARTED TAKING HAIR,SKIN AND NAIL VITAMINS . THIS WAS OK . WHAT REALLY UPPED UP THE GROWTH WAS ADDING ANOTHER 10,000 MCG OF BIOTIN ON TOP OF TAKING THE HAIR ,SKIN AND NAIL.
                      ALSO STOPPING USING PERMANENT HAIR COLOR . IT TOOK THE BETTER PART OF A YEAR TO GET IN TO GROW DOWN TO SHOULDER LENGTH. ITS STILL THIN . MY HAIR HAS ALWAYS BEEN THIN AND FINE.
                      HOPING TOO START TYSABRI SOON . PRAYING FOR NO HAIR LOSS.
                      dx.SPMS (baclofen,gabapenin,norco)
                      started tecfidera 7/10/2013
                      rituxan 11/13/2012 stopped due to side effect &it didn't help me (for RA and MS)
                      copaxone started 4/2012 but stopped due to bad allergic reaction
                      Matt.19;26 “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Comment

Working...
                      X