Turkish Coffee and Green Tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkish Coffee and Green Tea

Fatigue is hard for those of us that respond negatively to the frequently prescribed medications. For me the side effects of vigils (pro and nu) or amantidine were too much for the minimal benefits. Beyond the supplement game which I advocate two things that work for me are turkish coffee (maximizing the stimulant effect of coffee) and green tea.

Turkish coffee: Quick and easy to make. Very finely ground coffee, sugar, water. Bring all three to a boil three times pour and sip.

Green Tea: When deep in the fatigue haze I notice benefit from the canned honey ginseng variety in most fridge sections...this does not make me want to run miles but certainly lifts the haze..

Thought I would share as I think most of us struggle with fatigue.
    First symptom 2000, dxed 2004

Rebif 04-06, Denial 06-07, Rebif 07--9, Copaxone 09-13, Tecfidera 13-?

It is funny I wrote this today,,,My fatigue almost ate me.

Comment

Thanks for the tips! I am newly diagnosed and have awful fatigue. And now in hindsight, I have realized this was something I was experiencing for about a year. I thought I was just burning the candle on both ends! I am experimenting with non-drug remedies and have found Yogi brand Green Energy Tea is pretty good if you use two bags per cup. Also trying a supplement called Corvalen--google. Just started yesterday, so need to assess more, but I was doing well enough all day to work 1/2 day, workout, take care of 6 year old kid! I also try to drink green smoothies once a day--pineapple, kiwi, lemon, strawberries, flax, water and a ton of spinach! Be well , Kelly

Comment

I'd be afraid that I'd fall asleep waiting for the Turkish coffee to boil three times.

Comment

the 3 boil process is pretty quick. Takes less than 4 minutes to make.

Comment

Love turkish coffe but Yerba Mate beats green tea all to hell.

J
            Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Working...
            X