OCCUPATIONAL THERPY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCCUPATIONAL THERPY

WILL OC HELP ME TO MANAGE IN A WHEELCHAIR AND HOW TO GET DRESS IN A WHEELCHAIR

Yes, occupational therapists will help you with both those things. Occupational therapists are trained to help with ADL's (Activities of Daily Living) and focus on upper body strength. Physical therapists can also treat upper body strength, although they focus more on the lower body. Both can help you strengthen your core and work on transfers. If it's possible to get both, that is what I'd recommend.

Occupational therapists can train you how to use tools like a sock aid and dressing stick, which will aid you in getting dressed. Best of luck to you.
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Thank you "Kimba222". I will start OT this month, January.

Comment

I agree with Kimba...if you can do both, it's worth well the time. I've done both in the past and it helped me tremendously. With that said, I realize that there may be alot of barriers to doing both (fatigue; money for co-pays if that's an issue; transportation, etc.).

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X