Pain in thumbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pain in thumbs

Does anyone else have pain in their hands? My fingers hurt but my thumbs down right kill me day and night day in and day out!

I don't know what to do for them, nothing I take helps.

Anyone else have this type of pain?

Thumbs!

Oh my gosh, I do! Equally the same on both sides. Take Cymbalta for [overall] pain, but it doesn't touch the thumbs. Like you, hurts day and night.

I'll be interested in seeing responses....

Comment

Thumbs....

I too have been experiencing pain in my thumbs. Mostly in the mornings when I first wake up and then goes away. It's a new symptom I've developed. Sigh....

Comment

My neuro said it was spaticity but they have more than doubled my baclofen and I have gotten no relief. I have an appointment of Wednesday. I will let you know what he says.

Comment

Thanks, Lisa, I would love to hear the feedback!

Comment

I will get pain in the all fingers of my left hand, and it is from spasticity. Thankfully, it's not all the time, but it does happen every day. For now, it helps me a bit when I use my other hand to pull back on the hurting finger(s) and stretch it out several times. Since I already have a Baclofen pump, my next step will be Botox injections.
            Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Some days I can't even close my hands--most days.

My thumbs started getting worse after tons of Cipro--that anti-biotic. When I read about it, it seems Cipro can be a 'factor' with the thumbs, but not the rest of the hand.

Ask my doc and he said, "Cipro" which was before my M.S. dx.

I cannot be sure if it is MS or Cipro or flat out both; probably #3; I've been lucky enough to get enough other 'things' with it, might as well include that too!fed

Comment

Wow I am on a lot of antibiotics for chronic sinus infections maybe it could be that.

Hopefully I will find something out on Wednesday!

Comment

For some reason the 'thumbs' CAN be very specific to Cipro. It is an extremely powerful anit-biotic. fed

Comment

something to consider is that the thumbs are one of the common gout locations, have you had your uric acid levels checked?
                    1995-symptoms with no cause
                    2000-diagnosed with Probable MS.
                    2000/1-started Avonex
                    2002-Rebif b/c increasing brain plaques
                    Nov-13-Tecfidera b/c needle fatigue&sympt

Comment

He really thinks everything is spacticity related. He told me I need to be in a beginners yoga class at least 3 days a week.

Comment

I just brought this problem up to my neurologist because my handwriting is terrible. My hand strength is terrible and I also have spasticity. Hand exercises were recommended.

Comment

Working...
                        X