Lemtrada, eh? Lemtrada approved in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lemtrada, eh? Lemtrada approved in Canada

Health Canada has approved Lemtrada (alemtuzumab).

Lemtrada 12 mg has a novel dosing and administration schedule of two annual treatment courses. The first treatment course of Lemtrada is administered via intravenous infusion on five consecutive days, and the second course is administered on three consecutive days, 12 months later.

"The approvals of Lemtrada in Canada and the EU are further recognition of its potential as a transformative treatment option for patients living with active MS," said Genzyme President and CEO, David Meeker. "Lemtrada is now approved in 30 countries, and we are very pleased that Canadian patients and physicians will have access to this important new treatment option."

Good. I so can't wait until it is approved in the US. I am on Tysabri. Have been on it a little less than 2 years, but still would like a fall back plan when I become JCV positive with a high titer. This sounds like a great alternative.

Thanks for keeping up with it and passing it along!

Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

I am glad to hear that there is another drug option available ( even if it is still non-FDA approved in the US ). But I can't hesitate to push my own agenda, as I am dx'd PPMS. And there is still no treatment options for progressive forms of MS. It's maddening.

Comment

Working...
      X