No announcement yet.

Tysabri and liver damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will definitely keep you updated as I go along this new path. Thanks again for your reply and your messages.

Again, to anyone who is reading this:

I am not saying that Tysabri is a bad choice.

It just turned out to be me more of a nightmare for me between when I stopped it with this "rebound effect" and especially now that I know I have cirrhosis (not caused by alcohol) which means irreversible liver damage (and also knowing that right now a liver transplant for me isn't an option at the only transplant center within a few hours of where I live).

My titer for the JCV+ was very low at .25 so those low numbers didn't seem to do much for me with everything that's going on now.

I did very well on Tysabri for the almost 5 years while I was taking it. There were virtually no relapses, my symptoms were under control with meds, and there was very little disease progression.

Be well,
    Julie
    Dx RRMS 12/05, RNY Gastric Bypass 12/12, NASH Cirrhosis 12/12, JCV+ 9/13

Copaxone started 12/05, Switched to Rebif 11/07, Tysabri 10/08-9/13, Moved to Tecfidera 12/1/13

Comment

Checking In...

Hi Julie,

So glad to hear that were pleased with the new neuro, and are getting a pain med to hopefully ease some of the discomfort. Going back to Copoxane sounds like a plan to see if there's any improvement.

I really appreciate your updates, and your continued positive outlook on life and your specific circumstances.

Get some reset this weekend...

Comment

Hi E1. I am so happy I found this post. A few weeks ago my PCP did a few labs. I had a kidney infection and tests pertaining to my liver were elevated.

Fast forward 3 weeks. Went to see the Neuro (the PCP is in the same network), he ordered labs, called with results....liver function and whatnot.....ELEVATED...looks like your liver is not functioning properly. He will mail me a req to get more labs done closer to home. But he will refer me to a Liver Doctor. I forgot what you call them.

I did Tysabri for a year until I tested + for JC and I've been on Gylenia for a little over a year. Did I mention that I had been on ALL the injectables and I am allergic to them???

Emotionally I am drained and my mindis so busy with the "what ifs" and the "whys".

I was wondering why I had been feeling like crap for the past few months and I truly don't feel like the antibiotics that I had taken for 3 weeks really worked. lol.

I'm just glad I found this post.
        I am a phenomenal woman; and still I rise.

Comment

Working...
        X