MS, Cellulitis, Petechial Rash & Skin Ulcers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS, Cellulitis, Petechial Rash & Skin Ulcers

I've had secondary progressive MS for 20 years but I'm lucky to have a fantastic doctor who has kept e stable for the last 10 years. I've also been lucky to have been very healthy with the exception of the MS. But back in early Sept. I wound up with a bad case of cellulitis in my right that sent me to the hospital for 6 days on iv antibiotics. It been taking quite a long time to go away, there is still some fluid in my elbow.

In November I had my Rituxan infusion. After the second treatment I broke out in a petechial rash on my legs. Doctors said it wasn’t from meds, I should see dermatologist. Of course I can’t get an apt until February. Now I have 2 ulcers on my left leg above my ankle. Doctor doesn’t like the look of them so she got me in to see dermatologist next week.

Has anyone else had these issues?

Not sure if you want to hear only MSer's experience (that's me) but just had to post when I saw Cellulitis. My non MS but diabetic husband also got that in his right leg in 2010. It was horrible, an absolute nightmare, beyond painful.

He too had the IV (had to wear it in a bag) but because he didn't listen to anyone, went out of town for the weekend to his son's baseball tourn, etc. he didn't keep it elevated, got worse and ended up back at the hospital for yet another 6 days of IiV. It was so swollen and red, skin looked shiny and tight, like something was going to bust out.

He was off work for over 3 months, and every now and then, the area most affected acts up. He developed an ulcer on his leg and there's pooling of blood in the veins in that area too. We were told that once you get it, you're prone to it.

Sorry to sound like the Message Board bummer! Please keep us posted.

Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Working...
    X