children benefits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

children benefits

i have 2 questions, my daughter turned 18 no longer receives soc. sec. that is fine but we have 3 other children receiving soc. sec benefit and i was told by agent in soc. sec. office, that my oldest daughters monies when she turns 18 would then be split between the remaining 3 children. well got checks and its the same amount. should i contact social security about this, or was i dealing with someone who didnt know a thing. 2nd my husband receives ss and has arrearages taken out of his check, no biggy and all he is paying now is interest on interest thru the state of texas, so technically its not arrearages anymore just interest, he may have lung cancer and is wondering if he were to pass would any money that myself or the children receive be garnished to keep paying this interest off, his ex will not sign off on it and the amount is 23000 of interest that keeps getting interest added on-thank you for any help

The only people who know the details necessary to answer your questions are the representatives as Social Security. Sorry, but no one else can help you. You'll have to ask them.

Comment

Hi, jenneshep74. Generally, when one of the beneficiary is no longer entitled to benefits on another's account, but there are other beneficiaries who are, as you state below, then the remaining beneficiaries will share the benefits that the former beneficiary received. Regarding your other questions, I would talk to SSA and/or an attorney about because it sounds like a fact specific question.

Best wishes for a great holiday and a Happy New Year to you, too.

Rich
      Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
      X