X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new symptom to contend with.

I have been hit with a new symptom and I don't know if it
    is ms related? Can someone tell me. I have bladder leakage
    I can just be sitting or standing and I feel this trickle in my pants and it is a slow bladder leakage it is sufficient enough to have to change your underwear. Had anyone experienced the same problem? And how do you deal with it
    would be helpful I to start wearing depends at 51 but what other option is there?
    would love to hear from someone else with this problem also.
    thanks tammy

yes

Yes I have the same problem and I started also having accidents at night as well now I use pads instead of depends they go in your underwear like a regular pad for women but a little longer and I would just put it in without taking the tape strip off that way if it comes lose it won't pullout my hair

Comment

I've also been wearing a little depends pad. My bladder leakage isnt terrible but enough to wet the underwear, as you said. My Dr. isnt convinced that it's MS though and I do need to lose 40+ pounds. Maybe when that day comes I will have some relief.

For now the pads work but I do get concerned about having a pad on all the time and my overall vaginal health and well-bring. It's a balancing act, I suppose!

Also, I have found that easing up on the caffeine is helpful as well.

Comment

I had a debilitating relapse one year ago this month. I've recovered except for two areas...damaged nerve pathways to both my bladder and bowel.

I've been totally bladder incontinent since then and since it's neurological, the urologist can't help me at all. The bad thing is I'm not emptying my bladder and that brings on a whole new set of problems...avoiding kidney damage/losing a kidney and learning to self cath. I.Do.Not.Want.To.Do.This. I really don't.

The bowel thing isn't incontinence...just awful, awful constipation.

I'm very down right now. I had high hopes these issues would resolve. But they didn't. I'm 63.

Comment

Peace of Mind & Body

SPMS Also bladder problems - incontinent, wore a diaper UCK! After 10 yrs. I said no more. Neuro. referred me to a GU surgeon & I opted for an illeal ostomy conduit.
          I wear underwear again! What a comfort. Still afforded the vanity of voiding my bowels. Altering your foods will address constipation - eat your vegetables, alot.

Comment

One of my first symptoms

I was unable to fully void my bladder, leading to urgency and some nighttime "accidents". I felt the need to pee even after I just had. I'm only 47, but I reluctantly surrendered to the need to catheter intermittently. At first it was somewhat humiliating but, less so than accidents. Also bladder pads are pretty discreet these days. They're really not noticable if worn with form fitting panties.

Comment

Originally posted by vhmnoles View Post
              I was unable to fully void my bladder, leading to urgency and some nighttime "accidents". I felt the need to pee even after I just had. I'm only 47, but I reluctantly surrendered to the need to catheter intermittently. At first it was somewhat humiliating but, less so than accidents. Also bladder pads are pretty discreet these days. They're really not noticable if worn with form fitting panties.
              I experience the same issues and I hate being 23 and having this. I have to warn my grandmother that does my laundry for me, or have to worry about having this happen in public and it be obvious that it happened. It's just another thing I have to put up with thanks to MS.

Comment

I have found Bran Flakes to be the best food for constipation which I suffer from too. I have gone as long as a week without a bowel movement and even using laxatives isn 't enought. Fruits, vegatables, they have no effect, they literally will back me up! Bran Flakes always works so I eat it once a day.

I have bladder issues too but so far aside from needing to pee about 30 times a day I'm able to control it good enough. I have some rentention but I drink lots of water to keep my bladder flushed. Occassionally I have had very slight leakage but just a few drops so I normally just put on fresh boxers as soon as possible when it happens.

Comment

tammy

I dont have a urine leak but I do have a leak maybe once per day but mine is semen. The problem is I leak a full load but dont have an orgasm and its really very messy. I have to take at least one pair of spare undies to work as I have to change them. My Neuro says its MS related

Comment

ZSP

Not sure if you are still reading this thread, but I had a similar episode this summer and share your issues. I also had the same concern about self-cathing.

I ended up having no choice. I had to have an indwelling cath put in ... In the summer. Then once the worst resolved, I didn't need such a drastic solution.

First few times were difficult --first home care nurse taught me and couldn't get it. Second nurse showed a different way, and I can do it, if I have to, without thinking. It's as easy as my gp toldi me it would be.

Just wanted to encourage you that it's not as bad, nor as difficult, as I thought it would be .

Comment

Working...
                    X