Christmas decorating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas decorating

Christmas is my favorite holiday to decorate for. I love all the pretty lights and I also have a beautiful fireplace that I can do so much with.

Last Christmas season I struggled just to put my tree up. I only did it so I could say that I did. I only put one ornament on it because I had the box sitting out. I never put up any other decorations, even though I have so many. I was so upset with everything going on (I was going through by far the worst flare I've had), I just didn't feel like it. Plus, I was so weak, my body just didn't have the energy. It was definitely a rough time for me.

I'm still weak almost a year later (although nothing like I was back then), but I can do so much more now! I went out and bought a new tree and a few strands of lights and even put up rope lights around my garage. I've never done that in my life! I'm so excited that I was able to do it, and every time I go outside and see those lights, it puts me in a good mood. I still need to decorate the inside of my house, but the hardest part is done.

After going through such a rough season last year, I'm so happy that I can get into the Christmas spirit and actually enjoy the season now! And yes, I realize it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but today started out warm and I wanted to put those lights up while it was nice outside. Now it's freezing cold but I got it done and can look at my lights every time I go outside!
    Diagnosed 1/4/13
    Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

I'm like you I LOVE decorating for Christmas!

I put up my tree a week ago. I just have an artificial one because I have two mischievous cats and an artificial one is much easier to stand back up when they knock it down after trying to climb it and less messy when it falls. So I just have lights and garland on it but they haven't messed with it so far, they've just taken numerous naps under it! Maybe this year I can finally put some ornaments on the tree again without worrying about them breaking!

The interior decorating (mostly lights) I plan to do this weekend.

I look forward to driving around on Christmas Eve to look at the different houses all decorated for the holiday

Comment

Working...
    X