MS, memory loss and avonex........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS, memory loss and avonex........

I just wanted to post something silly but it did happen to me so I wanted to just warn others taking avonex.

I have a HORRIBLE memory these days and I am only 42 y/o its very frustrating but when it potentially affects my pocketbook I am just angry.

Anyways, if your taking avonex pre filled pen, then you know to put the needle on before cocking the pen back. Well, I do and did know this but recently my memory failed me and I cocked the pen first instead of putting the needle on first. As we all know these injections are not cheap costing over $1300.00 per shot. I was pretty freaked out to say the least but in the end Avonex sent me a replacement at no charge and it was fairly quick to get it as well.

So, for all those Avonex users beware, and learn from another user's mistake on how not to make the same mistake.
    Tira

I did this same thing just last night. Amazingly, I somehow managed to get the needle on with some tweezers. I'm shocked it worked and I am still surprised that all the meds didn't spray everywhere.

Question: do you have a hard time with the Avonex pen? I have a very hard time getting it to work and pushing the button. It seems to require too much hand strength and coordination. The Copaxone autoject was much easier to use.

Thanks for your post and I don't feel so bad having made the mistake!

Comment

Working...
    X