Lumps from injections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lumps from injections

Anyone get lumps from injections ? I'm not sure if they are left over from copaxone injections or from avonex pen. But my legs are filled with lumps under the skin

I quit the injections several years ago. I still have a lump on my right thigh that never went away. I was told I was injecting too often in the same spot.
    Karen

Comment

I've been doing A for nearly 4 years and have never had "lumps", however, I did have what felt like a lump or as if the needle were still in my leg a few days later. No one at the Drs office had heard of it, but anyway, that's how it affected me.

After changing to arm injections, I stopped having that problem.

Comment

I get a lump and bruise from every injection. I've only done 7 but every single one has left a bruise and very painful lump for about a week.
        It makes it easy for me to identify where my last shot was but they do hurt and some lumps last longer. It always feels like I was punched in my thigh and its very sore the whole week sometimes longer. The bruise always goes away in about a week.
        Like the shot I did on 11/17 is still sore to the touch, bruised and has a lump.
        I don't know why, I just assumed it was normal.
        Diagnosed MS 11/2012
        2nd Opinion DX RRMS 9/2013
        1st Avonex Injection 10/13/2013
        .....just keep swimming...........

Comment

One time I seemed to have the medication pool to the surface after injecting, I used the gauze pad to apply pressure and rubbed in circles to make it go away.....but one time out of ten years is not so bad.....One of the main reasons I chose Avonex was less site reactions.

Haven't been on here to read much about the pen, wondering if that is normal for using that method.

I used to bruise every injection, that big honking needle that comes prepackaged was brutal. I changed to 1" 25 gauge needles (asked for a prescription). Made a world of difference. I have lovely thighs....

Comment

Working...
          X