Skin that can't be touched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

allodynia

Now that I have a name for this particular symptom. Has anyone thought of the cause being from meds that we take?

Or could the meds we take (for me gabapentin) aggravate this sx to being?

Just a thought ... as i can't quite get a hold of this thing. It rears its head mostly at night but then now its starting in the am and in the middle of the day.

Maybe I'm not suppose to get a hold of this but then again, IF IF IF I can control it ... I WILL!!!! lol.

Don't like it one bit
    STR

Comment

I doubt it. I had this symptom before I was taking anything. This is the symptom thst prompted me to start gabapentin, whichbhelps tremendously.

Comment

Originally posted by Strhuntrss View Post
        Has anyone thought of the cause being from meds that we take?
        I usually have the symptom only with exacerbations and I never used any medications prior to an exacerbation.

So my answer, for me, would be no, medication did not cause this symptom.

Have you discussed this with your neuro? S/he may have some options that might help.
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Snoopy,

Yes, I have talked with my Neuro since seeing your other response and he said that he could increase my neurontin and see if that might help some.

He said for me to also add this sx to my log as to when it happens and how intense the pain is and what might trigger it, like increased stress.

I noticed heat is a big issue for me. My husband likes to keep the house real warm with the fireplace and I am not used to that. Before getting married I would keep my house just warm enough for me to handle.

Now I have someone else to think about and it is getting increasingly difficult. My husband is supportive of me but I know some things irritate him as I am not the person I once was.

I am irritated with me
          STR

Comment

Working...
          X