SSDI Disapproved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSDI Disapproved

Well, I just received my first notice of disapproved claim from the Social Security. I was told that evidence shows I have a history of heart-related conditions. However my medicals records show that my heart and defibrillator is working adequately. Wow...I going to contact a local lawyer today to start my appeal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

100% P & T from VA
    AICD - 100%
    Proteinuria and hypertension - 60%
    Sleep Apnea - 50%
    Diabetes mellitus type II and ED - 20%
    Gout - 20%
    Tinnitus - 10%
    Shoulders/Knees/Patellofemoral syndrome with brace - 10%

Not sure I fully understand post related to percentages. Any chance you can use the heart issues as co-contributors to your disability? Hiring a lawyer is definitely a smart move.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I thought that gout and MS did not show up in the same person- kind of opposite ailments?

Comment

Jazz,

Please read thought the provided web link, it has been helpful to me as I transition from military service. I'm still on active duty and will be applying for ssdi Thursday through the wounded warrior program. If there's anything I can help please ask I no longer have a job in the army.

Jason

Comment

I think I forgot to give you the link.

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**

Comment

It appears to me...

That you have several medical conditions, none of which would be considered to have the result of you being unable to do ANY work (the basis for receiving SSDI).

Keep in mind that your VA disability is quite different from SSDI. The former is believed to be a direct result of military service, and thus eligible for compensation because it has impacted your overall health in a negative way. However, that does not automatically qualify you for SSDI, because it doesn't mean that you can't work.

My late husband worked for 10 years while receiving VA payments for exposure to Agent Orange causing him some life-threatening issues. He was not eligible for, and did not apply for SSDI, until he was no longer able to work.

In short, your conditions do not mean you can't work, and many people work with them for many years.

However, I'm not an expert of any type, so feel free to take my opinion with a grain of salt!

Comment

Appeal if you have been denied

Hi, jazz99. If you feel that you have been wrongly denied, jazz99, then you have the right to appeal. I do recommend that claimants be represented in these claims as attorneys can make a difference in getting benefits for deserving individuals.

Be sure to let SSA know about all that is wrong with you.

Wishing you all the best.

Rich
              Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
              X