Lemtrada/Campath troubling news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lemtrada/Campath troubling news

I received the following article in my email this morning concerning Lemtrada/Campath. Thought some might be interested.

http://www.medpagetoday.com/Neurolog...09&utm_content

Lemtrada/Campath

Campath has done me good. Campath has brought extream happy times in my life!

Comment

Thanks for sharing this information, ru4cats. Definitely not the news many wanted to hear, though.
      Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Yesterday in the General Q&A section a different article about Lemtradawas linked to: http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...fda-staff-says.

The thread is: http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=130135

This article brings up that the Lemtrada studies were not optimally designed, which already is a problem. Now add to it that the manufacturer knowingly submitted invalid data (and apparently hoped that nobody would notice!) that make the results look better than they really were is troubling indeed.

Comment

Campath works for me and many others. I'm going to reflect this to the FDA next week.

I think people should be asking why does Campath work? So as to nail down a little closer what MS is doing and learn from there. Be happy people, this is our only chance before we checkout.

Comment

I'm on Tysabri, but I went onto this drug knowing the risk as far as PML. I felt it was my best chance of at least slowing down, if not halting, the MS.

As all of us know, the available drugs all have risks/rewards, and there just isn't a lot out there. I woke up this morning believing that those with MS should have the opportunity to take their drug of choice as long as they accept the negatives along with the positives and can make an informed decision. I've read about so many who haven't been allowed to take a specific drug due to someone else's decision; it could be a neurologist, insurance company, drug company, or now, with Campath, the FDA.

I, personally, don't want someone else deciding what is in my best interest. That should be my decision! My two cents....

Comment

Thanks for sharing ru4cats..
              This site allows to learn and share ms info good or not so good.
              Linda

Comment

I agree the decision should rest with the user *if* they have all the information. Campath is a repackaged cancer med with serious side effects like other autoimmune disorders, and it is carcinogenic itself. If the studies are faulty we need to have that cleared up first. . .if the efficacy is in actuality only 30% then of course you would be better served taking an interferon. I've seen it quoted at 90% but in other places as not much better than Ty.

Comment

Working...
                X