Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New person

Hello,
    I am new to this site so will most likely mess things up but I do need some input on aubagio from those in "the Know." I am currently on rebif--have been on avonex and copaxone in the past. Want to try something without needles but am afraid of the side affects. I already have shortness of breath and thin hair, so would love to hear from those taking this now.
    Thanks.

Hi DT

Welcome! Hope you find the info you need.... Take care
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Have taken Aubagio for 9 months

I have taken Aubagio for 9 months now. I too had thin hair but though I lost some it has stopped and is not too noticeable. I have long hair and I know my ponytail is thinner but that is the worst of it.

I have had no other side effects. I just had a follow up MRI and nothing has changed.

That is my experience with Aubagio but everyone is different. If you try it I hope with all my heart it works for you. I never had to do needles and I am so grateful for that.

Comment

replies

Thank You to those who replied to my question I am 80% sure that I will try this new medicine. I am still slightly apprehensive about it but I can always go back to Rebif, at least I'm not allergic to it--I'm just sick of being a pin cushion. I have been stuck with needles almost 12 years now.

Comment

Hi,
          I have been on Aubagio, going on 6mo. Blood work is done before starting and then once a month for 6 mo. I have one more month that I need to go in for blood work.

So far I have had some hair thinning. It's tapering off. I usually have to have my hair thinned out when I have a haircut so next week when I get my haircut I have to tell the stylist that I won't need that done. Otherwise I have no other side affects from the Aubagio.

Good luck to you if you decide to go on Aubagio.

Comment

Rebif to Aubagio.

I have been on Aubagio for 3 months. The only other MS med I had been on was Rebif, for 9 years. I was reluctant to change also. I had done well on Rebif, but slowly was feeling worse; many headaches (which I had prior to MS diagnosis), and having to push myself everyday to go to work. Every day became a struggle. I am so glad I made the change. I feel so much better. I think that a lot of the lousy way that I felt was not MS, but was Rebif. I had GI issues prior to Aubagio and that has gotten worse, but I can still function. Also, my blood pressure has gone up since Aubagio. I was already on BP meds, but have increased the dosage and doing better. The increase in the BP meds, which is also prescribed as a preventative for headaches/migraines, has helped with the headaches tremendously. So far, my blood work has been fine. I feel great and am so glad that I made the change. Good luck on your decision.
            MS diagnosis 10/2003. Rebif 04/2004 - 08/2013. Aubagio 08/2013 - Present. Also have chronic glaucoma.

Comment

Working...
            X