visual auras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

visual auras

Does anyone experience visual auras? They start as gray spots that turn to multi-colored zig-zaggy patterns. They last about 1/2 hour. Like a migraine aura but no migraine.

Yes, I do too. I don't have gray spots but I do have blurry areas in my peripheral vision that turn into zig zag patterns that pan out. Sometimes it's with one eye or sometimes it is with both. Mine last about 30 minutes as well, without a headache.

Comment

Visual auras happen with migraines. Some do not experience an actual headache, just the visual distubance.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I get them too every once in a while. Mine usually have a headache and extreme fatigue that follow, but the headache isn't how most would describe a migraine. They're bad, but not to the point where I just want to die.
        Diagnosed 1/4/13
        Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Comment

The auras are called ocular migraines or ophthalmic migraines. They're called that because there isn't any pain associated with them. If there's any pain or headache that occurs with the aura then by definition it isn't an "ocular" migraine.

"Migraine" is the process that causes the visual auras and the pain of a migraine headache. "Migraine" doesn't mean "headache".

I've had as many as 3 in the same day. I've also had them while driving, which wasn't pleasant. My doctor said that ocular migraines are fairly common. And for anyone who is wondering, no they don't have anything to do with MS.

Comment

Gray spots, color zig zag lines

Gee - I've had these so often for so many, many years (I'm 54 now and I've worn glass since I was 9. Was just dx 12/1/12 after many years of misdx) I didn't even think that other people didn't have them.

Comment

I get them too sometimes! They last about 30 minutes. No pain, but pretty annoying!
              Michelle

Comment

I get them frequently and they are much worse if it is really hot outside.

A couple years ago, I was dropping my younger son off for his freshman year at ASU. The temperature was 120 F the entire week I was there. I was having ocular migraines every day and I had a couple that lasted over 24 hours.

They are terrible when I get them at work or when driving. I get severe nausea and often lose my ability to tell whether I am up or down.

Comment

Working...
                X