Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fingertips numb and tingling

Hi Everyone

I have a question I recently had a relapse where my right foot was numb and tingling. After my steroids iv infusion a few days later my fingertips are tingling. Not a great deal but just enough that it's aggravating.Is this normal?
    "Make It Happen"

Originally posted by Blessedbyond06 View Post
    Hi Everyone

I have a question I recently had a relapse where my right foot was numb and tingling. After my steroids iv infusion a few days later my fingertips are tingling. Not a great deal but just enough that it's aggravating.Is this normal?
    For me the numbness and tingling are a part of life. Steroids did not help me either. Any neurologist will tell you this is a particularly difficult symptom to treat. i just want to tell my body just shut up but I guess there is just too much damage for it to rewire itself now. Sigh.
    Tawanda

Comment

For me, frequent tingling and numb feet and hands are just normal. I don't even bother with steroids for that.
      RRMS since July 2010.

Comment

I have one and a half fingers on my right hand that have been numb and tingly since this thing began in 1997. They've never got any better.
        My feet and legs go numb and tingly from time to time, but they usually improve.
        Left side worse.
        It's very alarming in the early years, but I've got used to it.

Comment

My very first symptom was numbness from by hips down. Almost 1 and a half years later it remains just about my only symptom. Something is always numb. Its really bothersome at first, but your body seems to learn to adapt. Even half my face went numb for a month. That one really sucks. After a couple of days it just begins to feel like the new normal though.

Comment

Both of my hands are tingly/pins and needles and gets worse when I am fatigued. I'm PPMS so it was a gradual thing over a couple of years. It sucks, but you do get used to it.

Comment

Numbness and tingling that starts in my feet, works it's way up my legs, body, arms, and then makes it's last stop at my hands. That is how my relapses usually go

When I was in the hospital in March when I was diagnosed, I got 4 days of IV Steroids and they finally helped about 2 weeks after I got out of the hospital.

I am currently on Day 6 of Prednisone for the relapse I am in right now and going to see my Neurologist tomorrow.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you all for your replies this really helps I thought I was going crazy for a minute. I really appreciate your replies.
                "Make It Happen"

Comment

More tingling questions

I have had some tingling in the past, long before I was dx, I always wrote it off to ergonomics. It was generally in right arm/hand .. I've also had a tired/heaviness in upper right arm, and very minor isolated numbness in right hand that didn't last. I never thought anything of all that, except ergonomics.

Fast forward to my bout w/ Optic Neuritis, MRIs, LP, and the subesquent dx .. my MS neuro said because my lesions are in my Thoracic spine, all those arm symptoms were likely MS-related.

Anyway, in the last week I've had tingling in all 4 limbs, simultaneously. This is new - before, it was isolated to the one arm (pre-dx). I've only been on Copaxone for a week, so my doc is going to give my IV steroids, probably once/mo for 6mo, until the Copaxone takes full effect.

My question is about where your tingling is .. is it usually one limb, or all limbs at once, or does it vary? Can it also go into your head/scalp? Is it there 24/7 or does it come/go throughout the day?

I did read how some of you do not bother w/ steroids for tingling, so that's good for me to manage expectations .. I guess it's also good to get the steroids, since I am not on meds that are working yet, just in case something else is coming around the corner, you know?

~ Lori
                  I'm Lori: Mommy to 2 little girls, wife of a supportive husband, and friend to good people. Oh, and I was diagnosed with MS on 10/17/2013. I hope that last part always comes last.

Comment

Originally posted by deludel View Post
                    My question is about where your tingling is .. is it usually one limb, or all limbs at once, or does it vary? Can it also go into your head/scalp? Is it there 24/7 or does it come/go throughout the day?
                    Mine started in both feet and spread over almost my whole skin over about three months, apparently due to a lesion at C2.

Since then, my hands and feet are always firing away at full strength and it tends to creep toward my body on more intense days. On top of that I sometimes have tingling in parts of my face/scalp/mouth.
                    1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
                    NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkLavelle View Post
                      ...my hands and feet are always firing away at full strength and it tends to creep toward my body on more intense days. On top of that I sometimes have tingling in parts of my face/scalp/mouth.
                      Does it bother you in the evening or before bed? How do you cope with the distraction and getting sleep?

Comment

Originally posted by squeaky View Post
                        Does it bother you in the evening or before bed? How do you cope with the distraction and getting sleep?
                        It bothers me whenever I find myself thinking about it, but it's my personal "new normal" and I am mostly resigned to it.

Gabapentin sometimes seems to help a little, but I take that mostly for RLS (for which it definitely works [for me!]). I've heard of people finding marijuana useful, but for me its only value is in the distraction factor...
                        1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
                        NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

My entire left arm has been numb for a year. I am just used to it now. I had steroids in March when diagnosed, but did not help the numbness.

I just use it as a reason to go get tattoos on my left arm. Can't feel 'em!
                          Diagnosed with RRMS on 3/15/2013...beware the ides of March!
                          Rebif from 5/2013 - 09/2014.
                          Gilenya since 11/2014.
                          Also taking vitamin D3, fish oil, magnesium, and B12.
                          EDSS 3.

Comment

Working...
                          X