Betaseron & Sex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Betaseron & Sex

I've been on Betaseron for eight years. Every now and then (maybe twice a year), if my wife and I have sex immediately after injecting, I will develop severe chills and body shivers that will last several hours. My whole body will shiver (almost convulse) and my teeth will chatter uncontrollably.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Surely I'm not the only person who has experienced this phenomenon!?!?!

Comment

I think a lot of people with MS have experienced chills after injections, I know I have. It's one of the many side effects you could get but I've never noticed it being connected to having sex.

Comment

I have heard of others having similar s/e, but none mentioned sex as a part of the package. I think that was just a timing coincidence.
        DX 10/2008
        Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
        Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
        Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

timing issue

I agree it is a timing issue. I can remember getting the shakes with teeth chattering 5 hrs after my injection. When I started taking Ibuprofen with my injection the chills lessened. ..Take care

PS I have been divorced for 25 years
          Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Hi everyone:

Thanks for the replies.

Clarification: After eight years, I have never once had chills/shivering after a Betaseron injection except immediately after sex. I don't think it can be a coincidence.

Comment

Working...
            X