Spinal Cord Lesion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spinal Cord Lesion?

When I was diagnosed with MS in 2012, my lesion was in my spine.
    I still have issues with both my legs and bladder.

Since a week or so I have severe pain in my back again. Also pain in my chest. Because of the chest pain the MS nurse sent me to the family doc who checked my heart/lungs. All good but still wants me to have an ECG just in case. I am scheduled for on on the 30th.

However the pain in my back is insane. I can't sleep, sit, stand, etc. Breathing hurts and I feel nauseous as well.
    Not sure what to do any more. I feel that it's the same as back then, a year ago, but worse.

I hate complaining but also feel like I don't do a good job in explaining my pain. In these cases my language is a disability on its own

I hope any one can give me some advise on what to do. I do my stretching, etc. but have stopped swimming due to the pain.

I have no advice but I do feel like you verified something for me. I have all of the same symptoms that you have. I was diagnosed with ms just from the mri of my brain. Ofcourse I had read about my symptoms and they seemed to usually be caused by lesions on the spinal cord. They don't think I need the mri on my spinal cord because I have so many lesions on my brain they have no doubt about my dx. I guess my curiousity is not reason enough to do one lol I already had the back pain long before my dx, the bladder problems soon after, and most recently the chest pain and nausea. I emailed my neuro about the chest pain and nausea. She thinks it is just side effects from the Gilenya and should go away soon. Lets hope right? Sorry I didn't help. I have a bad habit of making things about me when I'm on here I really hope you find some answers...

Comment

No Problem Sbates

Yesterday the MS nurse told me to go to the hospital asap to rule out any cardiac problems. So yesterday afternoon spent in the urgent care of the hospital. By the end it seems that the chest pain and the back pain are both related to a flare up caused by a bladder infection.
      My second bladder infection in 6 weeks.
      I also got some painkillers, Percocet, heavy stuff I was told especially with all the other pills I am already taking. However no pain relief. So I am hoping the bladder infection quickly resolves and so does the lesion.
      Bleh. I don't like MS

Comment

So at my visit this past Monday they have decided to schedule me for an MRI of my spinal cord. Should I be relieved that I will know for sure or concerned that they want to do one all of a sudden? I am potentially in another flare right now and they have been back to back since my dx. Like you, UTI's have also been back to back. They're considering sending me to a urologist. Ok enough about me for once...How are you doing now Anneke

Comment

Working...
        X