Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you know if your fatigue is MS-related?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Poolwatcher View Post
    10-15 years ago someone here said fatigue is like you're Superman but there's kryptonite in the room. That captures it for me.

My fatigue comes on when i flare up whether its old symptoms or new ones. The feeling for me is i dont feel like doing anything. I already feel that , but it is much worse then. Thats also when my heat intolerance seems to bother me is when i am having a relapse or old symptoms are flaring up.

It is a weird disease , how it affects everyone so different , but it is ms we have. I do not understand how this could be but it is. I wish i knew if i was the only crazy one that doesnt always have heat intolerance or fatigue , but anyways i hope i helped some.

Comment

Other than a lack of sleep, I don't think it really matters what's causing your fatigue. The treatment is likely to be the same no matter what the cause is. Mine has been blamed on my MS for many years, but I finally got a referral for a pulmonologist again (I've been trying since I moved here about 15 years ago.) After the testing, it was determined that my COPD was causing more of the fatigue than my MS was, but nothing has changed much so far. I think it's a good idea to make sure you get enough sleep, eat a healthy diet, get treatment for any depression or other medical issues that might cause fatigue, and try to get some exercise when possible. Whether your problems are MS related or not, all of those things will be likely to either improve your problems or help you be better able to cope with them. I'm no medical expert, but in my opinion it's helped me a lot.

Comment

[QUOTE=Quanite;1471719]Other than a lack of sleep, I don't think it really matters what's causing your fatigue. The treatment is likely to be the same no matter what the cause is. Mine has been blamed on my MS for many years, but I finally got a referral for a pulmonologist again (I've been trying since I moved here about 15 years ago.) After the testing, it was determined that my COPD was causing more of the fatigue than my MS was, but nothing has changed much so far. I think it's a good idea to make sure you get enough sleep, eat a healthy diet, get treatment for any depression or other medical issues that might cause fatigue, and try to get some exercise when possible. Whether your problems are MS related or not, all of those things will be likely to either improve your problems or help you be better able to cope with them. I'm no medical expert, but in my opinion it's helped me a lot.[/QUO
        I have had lack of sleep also. Recently with in the past few weeks i have been able to get sleep again. I havent been taking my amitriptyline for my ibs, nor my tecfidera , because it still makes me flush, burn, itch etc.. I have told my nuero each time i see him, which is every 4 months. He asks everytime if i still have the side affects and i tell him yes, but it is doing some what its job so he doesnt want to switch me unless i have another relapse so i figure im not dealing with it anymore, but in the mean time im feeling fatigued again quite a bit and i feel ok if i take my med, but the way i see it is if i take it im doomed if i dont i am doomed also. So i guess im at a loss. When i take my amitriptyline for my ibs, that makes me sleep also but i was taking that plus my tecfidera and my faitgue was under control and now forget it. any ways i will quite rambling its just really annoying when i can not get a happy medium with it.

Comment

I'm not sleepy

All the sleep in the world doesn't help. I feel like I'm wearing a lead suit and just breathing seems like hard work. Life's no fun when you have to force your body to do what you need it to do.

Comment

Working...
          X