Pain has gotten much worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pain has gotten much worse

My fatigue is almost gone. I think that is due to my increase in Ritalin The bad part is my nerve pain has gotten much worse. I was taking 1200 mg Gabapentin and that provided almost complete relief. We have upped that to 2000 mg and I am not getting any relief. My muscle pain has also gotten worse. I have woken up several nights with twitching muscles, almost like they are contracting. I am assuming that is some of my pain. My feet feel sore and when I walk I feel every bone in them. My hips and low back hurt...I just hurt everywhere. The Vicodin is not helping like it use to either. I am not sure what is going on

Tonight is very bad, I can't sleep. I have just taken a double dose of my Vicadin and downed a beer. This is not okay but I am feeling really desperate tonight. I will call my doctor tomorrow...I don't know what else to do tonight.

Comment

I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by amyrising View Post
        My fatigue is almost gone. I think that is due to my increase in Ritalin The bad part is my nerve pain has gotten much worse. I was taking 1200 mg Gabapentin and that provided almost complete relief. We have upped that to 2000 mg and I am not getting any relief. My muscle pain has also gotten worse. I have woken up several nights with twitching muscles, almost like they are contracting. I am assuming that is some of my pain. My feet feel sore and when I walk I feel every bone in them. My hips and low back hurt...I just hurt everywhere. The Vicodin is not helping like it use to either. I am not sure what is going on
        Sorry to hear this. Pain has to be my worst symptom. It really affects a person's QOL.

I'm wondering if you need something to help relax your muscles more. Maybe an increase in baclofen or tizanidine (if you are on either or both), or possibly the addition of a med like Robaxin. Stretching does help, although it's short lived. PT might help your back & hip pain by evaluating and treating your gait.

I do hope you finally got some sleep and your dr. and you find something that helps.

Best wishes,
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I am feeling a bit better today. I think It is going to take me a while to find a nice balance physically. Taking the Ritalin gives me the energy to do the things I have wanted to do. The down side is, I pay for it later. I need to remember to pace myself and not try and conquer the world in one day.

Comment

Originally posted by amyrising View Post
            My fatigue is almost gone. I think that is due to my increase in Ritalin :
            The Ritalin may be making you more tense leading to more spasm's?
            More spasm's = more pain.

You may have to choose fatigue or pain?
            Or work with your Dr. to find a drug cocktail that works for you.

It gets tricky trying to choose between symptoms and side effects.
            Sometimes if you give a drug some time, some of the side effects go away or are reduced.

It seems to take a lot of trial and error and a lot of patients to figure out the best program for each of us. We all seem to be different.

Comment

I hurt so bad today that I can barely move my arms. The nerve pain in my right arm is awful but the muscle pain is crippling. I feel like I have been bucking hay all day. I can't go on like this

Comment

I wish you could find some relief for your pain and I am so sorry you are having to go thru all the hurt. As I read your post I really felt for you.

You are not alone, I just had a good cry because of the nerve pain in my feet. Dr is still trying to fine something that will help. I know how you must feel and I hope you feel better soon.
                God Bless Us All

Comment

amyrising; I've been having the exact same issues and most medications are slightly effective.

by happenstance my PCP ordered Sinemet for Restless Leg Syndrom -- Off Label use; I just discovered it 'release's' my spastic muscles for a few hours.

We are trying to figure out why, since it is off-label use and ordered for night-time use, currently.

Other than that, cannabis oil is the only other thing that works consistently. OR, 1/4 tsp of ground cannabis in with coffee in a expresso maker. That is the MOST relief I have been able to find, otherwise.

You are not alone and this too, shall pass; I hope! fed

Comment

Pain and Prayers

My prayers go out to you all who can't get a grip on their pain.

I too, have had several days with unbearable searing nerve and muscle pain.

Next monday, I have my three month follow-up appt with my neuro. Hope he can give me some advice on how to bear with this unbearable thing.

Not sure why we have to bear this, but I am hoping and praying that this too, shall pass.
                    STR

Comment

Originally posted by Strhuntrss View Post
                      My prayers go out to you all who can't get a grip on their pain.

I too, have had several days with unbearable searing nerve and muscle pain.

Not sure why we have to bear this, but I am hoping and praying that this too, shall pass.
                      Because it is ONLY M.S. and we accept being told that, I guess. If it were any other patient with a change in pain or condition, it WOULD be an emergency.

We are just trying to be tough and not wimps! Well, I am down to WIMP level and I'll do whatever it takes to try to function!

When I read,
                      "it is just" M.S.? or "M.S. is not an emergency." It unnerves me a bit, as if we are not as important as any other type of patient with pain.

It isn't like we'll revolt, the stress will put us in a Flare!

My guess is, at least on my part; the fatigue keeps me from going out too much or planning either. Or, perhaps I'd be more pro-active and make appointments to see my doc daily for some sort of confirmed traditional treatment.

In as much as mmj helps and restores me to function, my HMO is my insurance company and against mmj and having to 'pay' for it. So, I need them to come up with drugs that really do work, if I am unable to get mmj I'd be toast!

Time to try some mmj, pain is unbearable on traditional meds! This really IS the pitts! Sure feel for anyone else in almost unbearable unrelenting pain!

fed

Comment

If I take enough pain meds to get rid of the pain, I will not be able to work. I am in enough pain that I am having trouble working anyway. I have not wanted to try marijuana or even talked about it with my doctor. I am starting to think it may be worth looking into

Comment

IDK if mmj is right or will work for you, it just does for me. Without the dreadful 'in-between spasms and pain'--ups and downs aren't so down with the mmj. I use it sparingly and am trying to find a 'right' prescription from my M.D.

Just seems like modern medicine could come up with something that actually works. In the meantime, I am just grateful my state has mmj laws and it is an option for me.fed

Comment

Pain has also been reducing quality of life

I am so sorry to hear everyone hear is suffering (however, sadly it makes me feel not so alone). I have been really suffering for the past several weeks with nerve and muscle pain in my arms and legs. In addition, I have had a lot of pain in my hips and a great deal of stiffness in my fingers that I want to just cry. Night time sleep is constantly interrupted by pain somewhere. My Dr. has me on Baclofen and most recently Neurontin. After about 1 week of the Neurontin with a gradual increase in dosage the pain is decreasing but far from gone. The Neurontin is making me feel a little more under the weather than I would like, I am hoping once my body adjusts to the medicine the side effects will ease up. Similar to most of you I am struggling with severe fatigue to the point where I am unable to work right now . I am really hoping that my Dr. can find the right concoction of medications to provide some sort of quality of life now and for the future.

Thanks for listening.
                            MLD

Comment

Amyrising; I just reviewed all your posts and it seems the Ritalin is causing you adverse reactions and counter-productive with the Gaba/zoloft.

The swings are from the Ritalin. You were doing so much better before you started it. The Gaba/Zoloft needs to be in your system up to 8 weeks before entirely effective.

The Ritalin may be too strong for you and is causing you to have these spasms and shaking. Please call your doc and try to take a lower dose? or a different medication. fed

Comment

Working...
                              X