ANEMIA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANEMIA?

My blood test came back said my red blood cells came back low and I may be anemic.

Anyone suffer from anemia and what should I expect now?
    DIAGNOSED=2012
    ISSUES LONG BEFORE
    REBIF 1 YEAR

I am anemic and they put me on high dose of iron capsules that also have Vit C in them. My levels stay up as long as I take them. Mine were seriously low and drs suspect the Rebif I take as the cause. I wanted to just stop the Rebif but they feel I should take it as long as the iron keeps the levels up.
    That said your dr may want to check you for hidden bleeding like a colonoscopy etc. Most likely they will try the iron and see how you do. I feel so much better now that I take the iron. Didn't realize how tired and sick felt until I took it and levels came up. Also hair had been falling out before iron and now its not and has thickened back up.

Comment

thanks Beema,

I went to the dr. today iron levels are good. going to start looking for bleeding.

yeah what's next.
      DIAGNOSED=2012
      ISSUES LONG BEFORE
      REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Apparently I am low in iron too. I have been feeling weak the past couple of months. Going to start supplements this week and retested in a couple of months.

Comment

mercadies25: Your anemia is most likely due to the Rebif itself. I had all three (anemia, low WBC count, low platelet count) on Rebif. It is not common but it does happen with Rebif. Be sure to let the people at Shared Solutions know as they have to tell the FDA.

Hope you are feeling better by now.

Lisa
          Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
          SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
          Tysabri

Comment

Yes to anemia

I suffer from anemia as well. If it's significant none of my Doc's say it has any relevance. Had the colonostipy and endiscopy. Have had one blood transfusion because it was so bad, but Doc's don't have a clue.

Comment

Working...
            X