Fatigue Symptom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatigue Symptom?

Hi there, I am experiencing extreme fatigue to the point where I am scared that I will fall down walking or crash my car! Before having my first MS event which was four weeks ago, I had other symptoms, but not the fatigue. (And btw, still not certain of my MS status; second brain MRI with spec this Friday to see where I am at on the MS spectrum.). Anyway, I know fatigue is a common part of the condition, but could it be the result of 5 days of steroid treatment? Or even just the fact that my whole body was completely wacko (hypertension, hormones-effected, traumatic LP)? I know there are anti-fatigue meds, but I am hesitant to use, b/c I am hoping this will resolve in time. Any advice, greatly appreciated. Best, KT

I´m thinking it might be coming off the steroids which cause insomnia- your body is exhausted from that Rx.

Comment

Originally posted by Temagami View Post
      I´m thinking it might be coming off the steroids which cause insomnia- your body is exhausted from that Rx.
      I totally agree! That high dose that's blasted into your veins gives a false sense of energy (plus insomnia) so when you're finished, you experience "the crash".

Please keep us updated, I hope they helped a bit.

Jen
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Working...
      X