Buzzing but not LHermittes? Still in limbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buzzing but not LHermittes? Still in limbo

I'm still in limbo land big time. Quick recap: 3 bouts of numbness in my left arm and left leg, 1 bout on my right side. Short term numbness (seconds to minutes to a few hours) in extremities. I've felt like I am vibrating since early September. It is not induced by moving my head at all. I have it worst while sleeping/waking up; I feel like I wake up on a cell phone.

Went to MS Center at NY Presby. MRI of brain, neck, and spine. MRA of Cervical Vessels. Echo with bubble. All clear. They say no MS.

I've been in a complete state of panic since the beginning September and can sense a connection between stress and sensations.

However, this buzzing is nuts. It is in my tailbone and can feel it going down to both feet.

Thoughts?!?! I really feel like this is non-visible MS.

I have that too

It jusrted and it comes on and foes away. Its always a little different. Twice full body, once very intense. It always happens after eating. I went to the ER because i'm bedridden and can't afford to go to the doctor. I don't know if I can take this.

I hop you get answers.

Comment

I'm buzzing, too

I know what you're talking about. Besides my balance always being slightly messed up, the only other symptom that I have that never goes away is tingling. And it happens in lots of different locations at different times, most frequently in my fingers and toes.

Sometimes it's much more than just tingling, actually becoming painful. Sometimes it's a vibration, and sometimes the pins-and-needles sensation is INSIDE my body, making it feel like my insides are quivering.

Last night was the first time I felt it on my scalp and on both sides of my face.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

RRMS, dx May 2013, on Gilenya from May '13 - Aug. 14
      Currently following Dr. Jelinek's OMS (Overcoming MS) plan

Comment

Snickers,

I know you are going through a lot right now with all the symptoms you're having and no diagnosis. I really think you should see a therapist that you can talk too and they can help you work through dealing with all of this while you search for answers.

I know you really think you have MS (I'm not saying you don't I'm not a doctor) but I think you so desperately want an answer that you are holding onto the MS diagnosis past rational thinking. You could be missing something really important by letting your judgement be clouded by a possible MS dx.

Your symptoms are not typical of MS.
        All the tests have come back clear.
        The MS Center has cleared you of having MS right now.

I really feel like you might miss something that could point to another diagnosis because you are so focused on MS.
        I think if you have someone to talk too they could help you step back and look at your situation in a new light. I think you need to start to explore the other mimics of MS.

I hope you don't take me the wrong way, I truly mean to help. I have been there, I have not seen something that was right in front of me because I was too focused on the wrong detail.

I wish you all the luck in the world and I really hope you find the answers you need to get better.
        Good luck :-)
        Diagnosed MS 11/2012
        2nd Opinion DX RRMS 9/2013
        1st Avonex Injection 10/13/2013
        .....just keep swimming...........

Comment

Working...
        X