Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urinary tract infection

Hello everyone,

I really hope that there is someone that can help me to understand this. When I woke up yesterday I had the burning when I had to use the bathroom. Made it through on yesterday thinking that this was a new symptom.

So this morning called the MS Doctor explained to nurse she said that I would need to go to my regular doctor they do not treat UTI infections.

So my question is why would they not consider that as a new MS symptom. I must have missed something because I thought that would or should be looked at that way.

I don't want new lesions going because they think it is just a UTI. So can someone help me to better understand what happen?

thanks for your help,

Karenwb2

I assume it's not considered a new MS symptom because it is a bacterial infection and they don't know if it is chronic due to neurogenic bladder issues (e.g. urinary retention, spastic bladder, etc.) or just a one time thing.

Comment

Hi karenwb2,

If a UTI is suspected you should see your Primary Care Physician (PCP) for testing and medication.

If UTIs become chronic or frequent then a Urologist should be consulted and testing should be done.

So my question is why would they not consider that as a new MS symptom
      A UTI can be just that, a UTI. It does not necessarily mean it's related to MS. A UTI is a bacterial infection which can happen for many reasons. Women, in general, are very prone to UTIs.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Neurologist

Originally posted by karenwb2 View Post
        Hello everyone, Neurologist

I really hope that there is someone that can help me to understand this. When I woke up yesterday I had the burning when I had to use the bathroom. Made it through on yesterday thinking that this was a new symptom.

So this morning called the MS Doctor explained to nurse she said that I would need to go to my regular doctor they do not treat UTI infections.

So my question is why would they not consider that as a new MS symptom. I must have missed something because I thought that would or should be looked at that way.

I don't want new lesions going because they think it is just a UTI. So can someone help me to better understand what happen?

thanks for your help,

Karenwb2
        Hi Karen, to help with the pain try AZO it's an over the counter med & helps a lot!
        My neurologist is the same so if need be I see an urologist. All the best.
        A smart person will always catch on, a wise person knows when to let go.

Comment

Working...
        X