Better... then worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better... then worse?

I won't rehash my whole story, it's on a thread a few down from this one, but in a nutshell I had my first optic neuritis experience on July 9th of this year, complete with IVSM and all of that.

My vision during that week got worse, then got a little better, and according to the neuro-opthamalogist, my field vision test, OCT scan and a bunch of other stuff I was tested on showed improvement.

Anyhoo, it never did get all that much better to me. I still had a giant smudge on my vision that made things really hard to see (out of that eye). Unless letters and numbers were huge, in black and on a white background, I wasn't reading 'em, etc etc. I was trying to remain patient, while watching the calendar tick by of course (3 months as of yesterday). Now, over the past week or so, my vision is again worsening. The blur is definitely worse, with what I see more "whitewashed" than before (like a frosted haze). If I had to see out of both eyes this way, I would be screwed.

So, has anyone been waiting for recovery, only to have things get worse during that time? I should note too that my eye is somewhat "sore" -- not awful pain, but that eye just feels sore compared to the other, and yes, I notice it more when I look around or press on my eye. Could I be having ON again?
    "Now the sun is setting, getting ready for tomorrow. Soon the moon'll be glowing, showing off the moonlight. Take a look above you, discover the view. If you haven't noticed, please do. Please do. Please do." - Kermit

"I'm through accepting limits, because someone says they're so, some things I cannot change, but til I try I'll never know...I'm defying gravity, and you can't pull me down!" - Elphaba, Wicked

First Symptoms - 9/05
    Officially DX'd RRMS - 11/14/05
    Rebif - 12/18/05

Sorry to hear that. It's possible that you could be having another episode of ON. The person who can tell you if you are is your neuro-ophthalmologist. Have you called?

Comment

I am so sorry. I'm off to the ophthalmologist myself on Monday for likely ON. Again.

But yes, it is unfortunately possible that you are having another bout of ON. I'd advise calling your ophthalmologist and your neuro as soon as you can to let them know your concerns and to get this checked out. Part of the definition of a flare is that there be 30 days since the last flare*, so 90 days would put you in "new flare" range.

*I've always wondered if 30 days means any flare or a flare up involving the same issues. For example, if I have ON, then 21 days later I have flesh numbness in my foot, are those two flares, or are they considered part of the same flare due to the short time frame? I'm making up the issues and dates there, but I'm curious.

Comment

Working...
      X