Aubagio failed, exacerbation within 6 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aubagio failed, exacerbation within 6 months

My mom switched to Aubagio 6 months ago from Copaxone and she just had an exacerbation which led to 5 days of IV steroids in the hospital. Her last relapse was 5 years ago.

Has anyone else had Aubagio fail on them?

Augabio reduces relapses by approximately 30%, statistically. It doesn't eliminate the chances of having a relapse. None of the medications do, and having a relapse while on one isn't an automatic sign of failure of a medication.

I am sorry to hear of her relapse, and hope that her doctors come up with a game plan that is right for her.

Comment

Agreed

I was on aubagio three yrs in study on actually med and did have attracts and recently switched to tec but was without any preventative from June to oct and had HUGE attacks all that to say

For me a preventative is so much better than none at this pt June MRI bad almost worse ever attack since June 30000 mg IV solumedrol but lesions from summer almost gone but new active lesion 5 more doses and I will never ever will stop preventative so whether aubagio or other my opinion preventative necessary and some work better than others and it's just a preventative hang in there it should pass ��

Comment

Originally posted by Honeybooboo View Post
        My mom switched to Aubagio 6 months ago from Copaxone and she just had an exacerbation which led to 5 days of IV steroids in the hospital. Her last relapse was 5 years ago.

Has anyone else had Aubagio fail on them?
        I had a major relapse, the worst I've ever had, 7 months into Aubagio. I too, had been on Copaxone for 5 years previously, with one known relapse in that time.

I agreed to change because of increasing skin lipatrophy.

Would I have had this relapse anyway? Who knows. But I have many more lesions in my spine and also now lesions in my brain (previously, none at all) so I'm off the Aubagioo.
        Diagnosed 11/2007, Copaxone 8/2008 - 2/2013, Aubagio 3/2013 - 11/2013

Comment

Michela11 I am sorry to hear you experienced the same. The relapse my mother had was her worst also; lost total function of her left leg and could not walk... However she did have strength just could not stand up.

Now she shuffles around with a walker; we are praying she will graduate to a cane soon.

We had a minor setback though; about 1 month ago she started getting severe spasticity on her left side. They are getting better now though.

I hope your recovery goes smoothly (and quickly) and that you found your way to the best medication for you.

Originally posted by Michela11 View Post
          I had a major relapse, the worst I've ever had, 7 months into Aubagio. I too, had been on Copaxone for 5 years previously, with one known relapse in that time.

I agreed to change because of increasing skin lipatrophy.

Would I have had this relapse anyway? Who knows. But I have many more lesions in my spine and also now lesions in my brain (previously, none at all) so I'm off the Aubagioo.

Comment

Hope your mum is feeling better. How is she going?

I've had a time of it with pretty serious Aubagio induced liver damage, and have been very sick because of it.

This is despite doing the recommended flush.

I'm not,on any medication at the moment. Can't until liver function is back to normal, which will take a few months.

Originally posted by Honeybooboo View Post
            Michela11 I am sorry to hear you experienced the same. The relapse my mother had was her worst also; lost total function of her left leg and could not walk... However she did have strength just could not stand up.

Now she shuffles around with a walker; we are praying she will graduate to a cane soon.

We had a minor setback though; about 1 month ago she started getting severe spasticity on her left side. They are getting better now though.

I hope your recovery goes smoothly (and quickly) and that you found your way to the best medication for you.
            Diagnosed 11/2007, Copaxone 8/2008 - 2/2013, Aubagio 3/2013 - 11/2013

Comment

Working...
            X