ms hug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ms hug?

I have not been officially diagnosed with ms but I'm wondering if what I experienced last night was an "ms hug". I have been having rib pain for the past few weeks along with extreme back pain and pain in my shoulder blade. Last night though I was laying down when my usual rib pressure and pain started to escalate into something much more. It went to extreme stomach cramps and really intense chest pain. I would then get stabbing pain in my right shoulder blade and my spine. My breasts even felt as if they were being squeezed to death. The only thing i could do was curl in a ball and try to breath. This lasted about an hour where it was unbearable and then started to dissipate. Does this sound like it could be an ms hug or something else? Any tips to help would also be great!

Other disease's mimic M.S. no one can tell you for sure, but it can be a symptom of M.S.;

With any tightness of chest pain, I suggest you go to an ER and not take it so lightly. Initially, I presented in ER's for tightness in the chest, the 4th time lead me down this road.

If one is not diagnosed I suggest use of ER's for many reasons; These docs are trained to pick up on all disease and not just one in their 'specialty.'

Plus, it is an additional 'consultation' that rules out more serious illness/disease and that is part of the diagnostic process.

Good luck on your journey and hope you get some results of what is ailing you. fed

Comment

My experience

With the MS hug sounds quite similar to what you've described.

I've described it as a belt around the area just below my breasts and it's as if someone is pulling the belt tighter and tighter. It gets so tight, to the point that I have to talk to myself saying over and over "you can breathe". I have to focus everything on breathing and not panicking.

I agree with the other poster, if you have not been diagnosed with MS you should go to the ER for evaluation. I've been diagnosed so going to the ER would not really be beneficial as they know the cause.

Take care and remember to breathe, not panic.
      Melissa (dx. 3/22/2011)

Comment

Agree

I recently had a neighbor asked me if I was a closed off type of person. I had to explain that no, I had MS. I often have that symptom. My diagnosis took a very long time, even though it started with a firm optic neuritis diagnosis from an neuro-opthamologist. Then ten years later came a positive MRI. So they finally relented. But the hug isn't where you should start. Take a look at some of the other symptoms to see if you fall into them. The stumbling and lack of coordination and the optic neuritis are almost always MS or parkinsons.

Comment

My "hug" (sadistic isn't it?) feels like someone has tied a rope to my sternum and is trying to pull it out of my body through my back. I typically have the sudden urge to have a BM prior to the full-on attack. I have found that stretching helps. At the onset, place your hands on a counter like your going to do a push-up (a little wider than shoulder width) and then do a push-up holding yourself in the downward position. Door frames work really well too. I hope this helps

Comment

Working...
          X