Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone go from back to Avonex from copaxone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone go from back to Avonex from copaxone ?

I was on avonex and stopped to get pregnabt. I'm now on copaxone because I didbt want to deal with avonex flu like side effects but copaxone injection site reactions are awful. Thinking of going back on avonex. Anyone do this? Anyone tried the new pen ?

I was on Copaxone and then Avonex, although I never went back on it after stopping. I have, however, used the pen. The button on it was a little hard to press, but otherwise was a clean, nearly painless injection.

Copaxone welts are no fun. They may reduce over time, but if you need to switch, the Avonex pen may be the way to do it.

Comment

I'm on Avonex now after Copaxone and Tecfidera. I stopped Copaxone due to side effects and lipoatrophy. I also had some pretty crazy site reactions despite rotating sites and trying all kinds of injection depths. I even tried self injecting without the auto inject . I was on Copaxone 2 years before requesting a change. I think some of us just react differently.

I'm having the flu like side effects to the Avonex but only for one night and part of the next day. Otherwise, I feel great. I get the new pen this week. Good luck and let us know how it works out!

Comment

Why did you stop tecfidera?

Comment

Sorry, I'm just now seeing your question. I had an allergic reaction to Tec. First a had a rash and then fluid retention. The other side effects weren't bad and I wish I could have stayed on it. The Avonex is working well for me. I like just taking it once a week. Hope it is working well for you.

Comment

Working...
          X