No announcement yet.

Intense Burning On Bottoms of Feet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get periods when the bottoms of my feet burn, but when they occur the burning is constant and not related to walking.
    This is just a thought, but if you have the burning only when walking could it be heat related? Maybe an ice wrap would help (on your neck to cool your brain? or on your ankles to cool your feet?).

Comment

Thanks dolule,

I stay in the house with the air conditioner on so I haven't been overheated but it may be something to consider.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Burning Feet

I have suffered with this same pain for years. Tried neurotin and something else. My podiatrist prescribed a topical med. It is called NCP-7CREAM.
        tO MY SURPRISE IT IS WONDERFUL!
        NO MORE BURNING

Comment

Well the Dr. has added another med, Nortriptyline. So now I am taking 3600mg. neurontin, 400mg. tegretol, 60mg. cymbalta and 25mg nortriptyline a day and I am to add 25mg. nortriptyline ea. week for 3 wks. and if the pain has not stopped call dr. back.

This is a nightmare!

bubble, that is wonderful.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

i have severe chronic pain, some of which is MS related, some not but i have a major issues with neuropathic pain, some from he MS, some from spinal damage, i fell mid transfer and sustained 3 crushed lumbar vertabrae leaving me with really bad pain from impinged nerves.

i am also now having severe pain in my one remaining leg and foot and lastly i have occasional \, but severe when it hits!- more worst problem at present relates to the nerve impingement pain from the back injury- if i try to lie back i get instant severe pain going down n legs, so i have spent the last couple of yrs sleeping in an electric recliner.

i am on lyrca 300mg 3 times a day, amytriptiline 50mg at night, i have a spinal pump that delivers medication directly to the fluid around the spinal cord and that gives me 3 mg of morphine per day (equivalent to much higher oral dose) and when the pain in my back became more severe they added clonidine to the pump. clonidine is usually used for hypertension but is good for neuropathic pain when given via the pump.

but this is a relatively new use for this drug, so they have to seek permission from our federal goverment for such treatment. it does not stop the pain completely but has helped a lot- don't lose hope, they are coming up with new options all the time for neuropathic pain

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Comment

kebsa, My heart went out to you when I read you post. I am so sorry you are having such pain and having to sleep in a recliner. I won't give up hope. My hope is in God he is always with me.

Thank you for your post and I hope you find more relief from your pain.
              God Bless Us All

Comment

Hello everyone,

I have finally had some relief. I have not had any burning for the last 4 days. My dr. wants to keep me on the meds for 2 more wks. then he may take me off of some.
                God Bless Us All

Comment

still working?

Originally posted by bubble View Post
                  I have suffered with this same pain for years. Tried neurotin and something else. My podiatrist prescribed a topical med. It is called NCP-7CREAM.
                  NO MORE BURNING
                  Hi bubble!

Wondering if the cream is still working for you?

Comment

Burning feet

Originally posted by bubble View Post
                    NO MORE BURNING
                    Hi bubble..been suffering from burning on bottom of feet for many years
                    After seeing your post about the NCP-7 cream I was hoping to give it a try but after calling
                    several compounding pharmacies in my area (NJ) none of the pharmacists ever heard of it.
                    I was wondering if you would be able to tell me the ingredients used in the cream so I could
                    tell the compounding pharmacy. Been dealing with this for 15 years and would love to try this cream.
                    Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much...hope all is going well with health. Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X